Interest Captain James Hook - The Hook! - 1:1 METAL - READY TO SHIP (1 PIECE LEFT)

Sarednab

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Captain James Hook

HOOK.jpg

Hi guys!
We are here to talk again for a prop that was one of the most rare and iconic prop I ever made!

All of you know the story of the prop relased 5/6 years ago. It was studied to have the removable upper part, just like the original prop in the movie!
Now we want to test the interest on this prop!
If we'll have enough interest we'll proceed to realize it!

PRICE:
METAL VERSION: 1400$ shipped

Hook is almost READY TO SHIP! Reserve your copy now before it will be too late!
Thanks to all!

These are some pics of my old Hook!

HOOK1.jpg

HOOK2.jpg

HOOK3.jpg

HOOK4.jpg

Attachments

• HOOK.jpg
    HOOK.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 2,779
  • HOOK1.jpg
    HOOK1.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 2,209
  • HOOK2.jpg
    HOOK2.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 2,438
  • HOOK3.jpg
    HOOK3.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 2,394
  • HOOK4.jpg
    HOOK4.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 2,066
Last edited:
Re: Captain James Hook - The Hook! - Possible Second RUN!

Bump for who of you that could be interested ;)

Insanely cool prop!

Looks great!

(unfortunately.. way to much for my pockets!)

Good luck though!

Might be interested, but I would need quite some guarantees that the quality level is a bit (quite a bit, actually) higher than the previous run. As you know, there were quite some issues with these hooks:

1. Hooks mounted in an angle
2. Scratches
3. Dents
4. Top plates not level on the "globe" when mounted
5. Handle inside that broke

I luckily have now (after buing three of them) a more or less great copy: no dents or heavy scratches, hook mounted OK, only the hook base plated is not 100% level when mounted on the bottom part. But I also noticed that the inside mechanism for locking the hook (the spring and bolts) are quite rusty, so I expect them to break over time.

So I would be willing to pay a high price for such a wonderfull prop, only if I can be sure that the above issues will not be there (or others will arize). If you now say up front "Look, these are all hand made, I can't give any guarantee and in the end it is unavoidable that there will be small imperfections.", then I'm out.

This might sound awefully autistic from me, and I guess it is, but for that price tag, I really expect "Rylo quality". So consider me in, if you think you can meet my incredibly high expectations! ;-).

EDIT: interested in the metal version off course! No resin for me... ;)

Last edited:

Same here. Depending on finances at the moment, I might be interested in a metal one if it could be guaranteed to be flawless. If not, then I'm happy with the one I've got.

Well, I have one of your original hooks (Mine arrived damage free!) So I will not be in on this run, BUT when your ready to make the other attachments for the hook base, I will be all over that

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Seeing as you have -not- responded to @TonVDJ 's comments... am I to assume there wont be any quality control/guarantees?

Thanks!

Oh yes! I'll reply about quality control just now.
Talking about last run of Hook, that was a miracle that come out. Who of you that follow that 4 years run know well what I'm talking about.
It was made for me by a factory NOT in Italy, as you already know. The only quality control that I could done on it was to receive sample, approve or reject according to my original sample (that I would remember, come from a ORIGINAL HOOK USED IN THE MOVIE) until I was satisfed of the final version.
The big error was that shipping was made OUT Italy with NO MY QUALITY CONTROL. So many Hook arrived damaged.
I SAID to everyone that if someone want a refund for it I was happy to take back my Hook and refund complete amount that people paid for it.

I would remember also that old hook run was for less than 500$ for a BRASS HOOK, nichel plated with removable upper part. Someone resell it on ebay for just... 2,500$.

NOW, I wrote in thread, it will be made in ITALY, and quality control will be from start to the final step of shipping by us, by me and my partner Michelle.
EVERY HOOK will arrive perfect to each buyer's home, like ALL other item that we realized and ship with our hands.

So, If I have to reply to each question:
1 - No
2 - No
3 - No
4 - No
5 - No

Everyone that bought from us prop made directly from us in Italy and shipped from us, know that control quality was always TOP. We not talking about 2/3 props, but more than 20 props...

If you have other question, please let me know.

This looks really, truly beautiful. It will definitely go straight to my 'how did I not think that I wanted that before?' list, but sadly, it's too rich for my blood at the moment.

Out of curiosity though, what are the dimensions?

Best of luck with the sale! This movie does not get half the love it deserves.

Last edited:
Quality control issues seem to be accounted for so I’ll probably be in for a metal version. Out of curiosity, how would the resin ones be made to look like the metal ones?

There will be a special technique for plating resin that will give a look very similar to the metal one and the external part feel in touch almost like metal. This process is very very expansive but it is the only way to have a resin hook very similar to the metal one.
For sure weight will be very different

If the quality issues really are accounted for, I'm in for one. If I can get the run starting by buying two, I'm even up for that (I'll see the second hook as an investment in that case). So you can put me on the list for one copy, and if you are short of one person interested to get the run going, you can sign me up for a second one. That would be my fifth Hook I buy in that case ;-).

Good luck with the run, mate!

Captain James Hook

Hi guys!
We are here to talk again for a prop that was one of the most rare and iconic prop I ever made!
Many of you (and I mean MANY) contacted me during these years to convince me to do another run, but it was impossible for me cause factory gone...
Now... we find the correct way to produce this again... in our HOME! In Italy! Not from other country! All thing will be direct from us, from first step to final step!

All of you know the story of the prop relased 3/4 years ago. It was cast directly from a original Hook. It was studied to have the removable upper part, just like the original prop in the movie!
Now we want to test the interest on this prop!
If we'll have enough interest we'll proceed to realize it!

We could do it in 2 different materials: RESIN or METAL

The resin one will have a process that will look exactly like a piece of steel, so very similar to the one in metal. The metal one will be HEAVY! It will be... a real Hook! ;)

Both version will have removable upper part, just like the first run!

PRICE:
RESIN VERSION: 699$
METAL VERSION: 1299$

This thread is just to see the interest. If you are interested, please write in this thread your comment and specify which version you'll want to take.
Thanks to all!

If you want to check a VERY nice review of my Hook made by Emma, you can check this youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkwKNPvquJQ

These are some pics of my old Hook!

Very nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarednab, just out of interest: how many committed INT's would you guys need for another run to happen? Just to know if I need to start keeping funds aside for a Hook or two, or if chances are slim this will actually happen. (If you need 50, for instance, I think we can consider this as not going to happen.)

Sarednab, just out of interest: how many committed INT's would you guys need for another run to happen? Just to know if I need to start keeping funds aside for a Hook or two, or if chances are slim this will actually happen. (If you need 50, for instance, I think we can consider this as not going to happen.)

I think at least 20. We’ll do this in any case but if we don’t have support for this run I think we’ll sell it only on ebay for higher price

Let's kick this thread. If I'm correct, I count 5 int's, right?

1. WingdSoldier
2. TFrosst
3. TomVDJ
4. TomVDJ
5. mbmcfarland

No idea if it's realistic to reach 20, but hey, we already have 25%!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back