Interest Captain James Hook - The Hook! - 1:1 METAL - READY TO SHIP (1 PIECE LEFT)

I would definitely re-purchase this but in resin this time. The old hook from 3-4 years ago was way too heavy and I want to wear this for cosplay uses.

I need to know Sarednab, will the handle inside the hook be place higher up in the cup/gauntlet so that the wearer's hand will be in the round bulb under the hook itself? Simple physics dictates this is the right way to be done.

Highly interested and I'll be following but the price is a little steep.

Hi there, its a great prop that your interested in here, but talking about price ( too much etc) is not really done. Some of these props are very expensive, but questioning price is against the rules. Its kind of like, yes im in, or no im out on this forum. Good luck with getting this prop :)

Highly interested and I'll be following but the price is a little steep.

2igp6d.jpg

Hi there, its a great prop that your interested in here, but talking about price ( too much etc) is not really done. Some of these props are very expensive, but questioning price is against the rules. Its kind of like, yes im in, or no im out on this forum. Good luck with getting this prop :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with stating an opinion on price here and it certainly is not against any rules as far as I have seen. I have seen plenty of members myself included state that a particular project looks great but is a little out of my price range and I have also seen members revise prices down on projects to make them more accessible and get more interest. This is an interest thread and if price is an issue which prevents members from opting in or out members should be free to express that, because a small adjustment in price could be the difference between a run gaining enough interest and happening or not. This does look like a quality piece and no doubt is expensive to produce but it would be a shame if this run did not proceed because of lack of interest when a small change in price might have changed that but nobody mentioned it.

Sorry if this is a rant, but I come from the land of the thought police where we are reminded every day what we are permitted to think and believe and say so further erosion of these freedoms just grates a little. This is a great prop replica, not my cup of tea but I hope the run is very successful.

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything wrong with stating an opinion on price here and it certainly is not against any rules as far as I have seen.

It's actually considered price bashing here. Now there's nothing wrong with saying "the price is out of my range" or "I don't have the funds at the moment," but saying the price is steep is a different thing. The price is the prerogative of the seller and you can either pay or not pay what they're asking. It's that simple.

It's actually considered price bashing here. Now there's nothing wrong with saying "the price is out of my range" or "I don't have the funds at the moment," but saying the price is steep is a different thing. The price is the prerogative of the seller and you can either pay or not pay what they're asking. It's that simple.

I stand corrected, sorry I did not read the intent of the comment as an attempt at price bashing but an acknowledgement that the price was a little steep for the member to afford. I guess it is all about how you interpret someone's comments and intentions. Like are they waving or are they drowning? I complete agree that the price is the seller's prerogative. If a seller misjudges their price their run will fail but if they get it right it will be successful. It is that simple.

Last edited:
Doens't really matter, since I think the changes that this second run will actually happen, are VERY low at this moment... :(

Doesn't really matter, since I think the chances that this second run will actually happen, are VERY low at this moment... :(

I really hope that for everyone interested in this prop that is not the case and that interest will pick up for this. As I said before it is a great looking prop and if it was the type of thing I am interested in I would be all over something of this quality so fingers crossed ;)

I would like to have a backup hook, but if the run doesn't happen, I still have a near perfect hook from the first run... But for people who don't have one of these yet, I guess a second run would be welcome. I don't think you'll see a lot of these pop up for sale in the junkyard...

Well, it's almost a year, but you never know: I guess the chances that this run wil go through are almost non-existant, right? :-(

Captain James Hook

View attachment 897117

Hi guys!
We are here to talk again for a prop that was one of the most rare and iconic prop I ever made!
Many of you (and I mean MANY) contacted me during these years to convince me to do another run, but it was impossible for me cause factory gone...
Now... we find the correct way to produce this again... in our HOME! In Italy! Not from other country! All thing will be direct from us, from first step to final step!

All of you know the story of the prop relased 3/4 years ago. It was cast directly from a original Hook. It was studied to have the removable upper part, just like the original prop in the movie!
Now we want to test the interest on this prop!
If we'll have enough interest we'll proceed to realize it!

We could do it in 2 different materials: RESIN or METAL

The resin one will have a process that will look exactly like a piece of steel, so very similar to the one in metal. The metal one will be HEAVY! It will be... a real Hook! ;)

Both version will have removable upper part, just like the first run!

PRICE:
RESIN VERSION: 699$
METAL VERSION: 1299$

This thread is just to see the interest. If you are interested, please write in this thread your comment and specify which version you'll want to take.
Thanks to all!

If you want to check a VERY nice review of my Hook made by Emma, you can check this youtube link:

These are some pics of my old Hook!

View attachment 896962

View attachment 896965

View attachment 896968

View attachment 896971

View attachment 896975
Is this still going? I would like one !

I'd like to extend my interest for the metal version. Or if the resin version is quite striking and indistinguishable from the metal one except close up. I'd go for resin.

Don't know if another metal run will happen. As far as I know, Sarednab stopped partnership with the factory that produced the hooks. As you might remember, the hooks shipped very poorly, resulting in a lot of them arriving damaged. There was also a quality issue where the hook itself was mounted on the "base globe" in an angle / tilted.

If another metal run would happen, I'd defenitely be interested to get an extra hook, but I would not set my hopes on it.

Or maybe a partnership could be set up with someone like RelicMaker, who made quite some metal props in the past (not of that size, though). If the hook could be cast in pewter and then chrome plated, that would be better than just resin, I think. A full metal one like the original run would be better, off course...

Anyway, I'm glad I have an undamaged Hook from the first run...

Ok guys, I have some update for you!
If you follow rpf facebook page, you already know it.
We'll relase ONLY the metal version, it will be identical to the one we made in first run (so, openable upper parts, inner handle to keep it for cosplay, etc...)

In first post I wrote that metal version price must be 1299$ and resin version 699$...
We work with some factory to have best materials for best price and... we could made the metal version for 800$ plus shipping!!!!

I have to take at least 15 orders to start it. If we'll arrive at 15 people in list I'll start this project, otherwise it will never start again!
Please let me know ;)

Thanks to all!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back