Captain Cardboard X-Wing

TFrosst

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys. I've been searching and seaching but can't seem to find a CC X-Wing kit. I've tried to contact teh guy but maybe I have the wrong email. Can anyone help me?

Originally posted by wizardofflight@May 24 2005, 10:30 AM
Last I heard, it is now out of production.  At this point your best bet would be to check the Junkyard or e-bay.

Alan
[snapback]994814[/snapback]​

That would be correct :)

JDH

Originally posted by joatrash@May 25 2005, 05:14 AM
Are you sure? I bought one a couple of months ago from the guy that bought and cleaned up the molds.

/Joe F
[snapback]995548[/snapback]​

Unfortunately, Mike stopped producing the kit about a month ago so he could move on to other things. Maybe it'll come back someday..??

Wow... I am seldom lucky about things like this, but boy am I thanking my stars that I got one before he stopped. I am going to really take my time painting and building it.

I feel sorry for all those who may miss out though. :(

Here's hoping it'll be back again.

/Joe F

Yeah. I missed it by exactly one month. Freakin sucks. But I contacted him and he says he`s not sure if he`ll be making any more. So there is still a glimmer of hope in the line. Fingers ae crossed.

Damn. I had planned to get one of those and with C3 and everything else i had to put it off like 3 times......

Hopefully it comes around again or some go up for sale

I e-mailed M. Salzo a few days ago regarding future availability. His reply was as follows:

Hi, i suspect the kit will be available again, but i'm not sure when..sorry to sound elusive, but i just have not made a plan regarding the future of the kit...sorry
thanks
mike

Hope you don't mind me posting this mike, but I can't help spreading a little hope for us who held out. :$

I hope he does a few more for board members. I never had the option to get one either, for financial reasons and I would love to have one. It is a bummer if the kit falls into obscurity. I would really like one.

Josh

Wow am I glad I have one. This is one of the best kits going for sure.

Mikes a good and nice guy...I'm sure at some point when he has time he'll try to hook up board members if nothing else.

I've had one since 2002, one of the last runs when Scott Alexander was making them. But I'm wondering how many Mike Salzo made. Anyone know? Just curious, since his production didn't seem to run too long.

Not to be intentionally vague but an answer to this question is probably not a good idea. These days being forthright with your kits is bad mojo. :ninja

JDH

I've wanted to do this kit for a while but budget has always stopped me. But now that I am getting more confident with my building skills I would be more willing to go after such a finely detailed kit like this.

and this is WHY....when you see the opportunity to BUY something you KNOW you want....

DONT WAIT.

Nothing stays available forever.

I have one of the originals, but I didn't realize these were in demand. I got mine in either 2000 or early 01.

i thought with the new stuff out there, these were considered inaccurate.

It was good enough to fool the Star Wars vets that saw mine whenever I displayed it at a screening. Even sold it to one of them.......

Gene

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back