Captain America's Shield Finished

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by oxfer, Feb 26, 2012.

1. oxfer

oxfer New Member

Hi there, here it is the first studio shoots from my Captain America's Shield

Hope you like it

[​IMG]

I really think this shoots doesn really represent how cool this metallic paint looks, I'm thinking taking some pictures outside under the sun

[​IMG]

Here's the back side of the shield, With leather straps and aluminum parts system so you can change the straps configuration if you want you can weare it on your arm or use it in your back

[​IMG]

Here is a close up, trying to show the metallic look

[​IMG]

The shield is about 28 inches diameter, following the official size from marvel, it is made of steel, It weights about 12 pounds so it feels pretty good.

I must say I'm really pleased with the final results, again I dont think this pictures show how good the paint looks, but when I take some more pictures outside under the sun I'll complete the post.

Let me know what you think :)

2. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Looks pretty good. :) Is is a little on the large size being 28"? I have a 26" spun aluminium shield and it seems about right.

3. oxfer

oxfer New Member

It's just that Marvel's official measurement is 2.5 feet, so based on that I'm still a couple of inches short :) but It also seemed too big for me, so I made it 28"

4. drakeprimeone

drakeprimeone Well-Known Member

I am curious to see what the strap configuration looks like when worm on your back

5. oxfer

oxfer New Member

I'll post some pictures some day this week

6. payton paison

payton paison Well-Known Member

Paint job looks nice :thumbsup

What brand of paint did you use?

7. oxfer

oxfer New Member

It is dupont automotive base paint it is a bit expensive but definitely is worth it