Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file.

Hey, I don't really know too much about scaling but perhaps you could use the PDF file and print it at 90% of the image size instead of the standard 100% to make it smaller for your kid?

Thank you for the file and tutorials. This was my first time attempting to create anything in the pepakura / foam / cosplay world. Ive been reading the sight for a while and decided your Cap America files were a good way to start.

I plan on doing the Arkham Orgins foam file you posted next, hopefully its not much harder. While doing this one my technique was getting better as I got used to using a hot glue gun. I have not done anything arts and craft related in 15 years, this was exciting and fun and happy I have a new hobby !

Thanks again.

cap.png

Hi guys,

I read almost the full post of JFcustom on foam building and at the beginning of it, there is a link to this thread for a beginner to try to do a quiet "easy" helmet.
As I said I'm a beginner and this is my first project , I gave a try to build this helmet do get familiar with the foam building , and finishing methods, I made some mistakes but i got over it.

The result is not very good but I will sure do better on the next build as I know what i did wrong .
v1wSWA.jpgRqNXDs.jpg

Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file.

I'm just about to start and searching here for the same answer ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

This is going to be my first attempt at working with foam. I've got the pattern printed out and joined and am ready to start transferring this to the foam etc.

However, I have noticed that there are dashed lines along the edge of the dome piece. Looking at the 3D pep file I note a ridge that runs all the way along both sides of the dome - which makes sense given the dashed lines along both sides. But looking at all the completed helms in this link, none of them have the ridge.

I'm just wondering if I should ignore the dashed lines and join them edge to edge, or attempt to create the ridge using the lines and bending it outwards from the edge of the dome? The pics of the actual costume seem to have a ridge running the length of the helmet but it's hard to tell in some pics whether it is a groove or raised.

I'm about to attemopt my first and was searching for the same answer here

Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file.

I'm just about to start and searching here for the same answer ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm about to attemopt my first and was searching for the same answer here

David, I ended up just joining them edge to edge and added chord along the joins where the ridges would be - as well as around the bottom edge - the result is almost an exact replica of what aniki98's looks like in the previous post. The only difference is that I finished it in a satin clear coat rather than a gloss.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back