Captain America WWII Jacket help

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BobbyS95

I'm working on a Captain America WWII costume .Since I have no sewing skills, I figured that I would buy a jacket similar to what he wears, and mod it. However, I have no idea what kind of jacket this is. Anyone care to help?

Attachments

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

aimeekitty

you'll have a hard time finding a jacket in that color in the style you're looking for...? but some military and some chef's jackets have that sort of thing, see:
Folkwear Pattern #133

Perhaps you could find a white chef's jacket that's similar enough and dye it the color you want?

BobbyS95

I never thought of using a chef's jacket, but they look almost identical to Cap's jacket. Thanks!

BobbyS95

Found this chef jacket that I plan on buying. Should I dye it or paint it? Because I don't want the color to fade.

Rikarus

if you try to sew it, check out this pattern its pretty easy to assemble and its a top half/bottom half jacket so you could easily mod it to your needs.