Captain America Winter Soldier

jjones

I have been slowly putting this Cap suit together, its not accurate but I like the ease of wearing this, the only thing I'd like to do is figure out how to fade the pants a bit to better mach the top. The cowl is a modified Chinese ebay mask, which I got to say I thing looks pretty good and fits my head great!! The shield is a 28" (Its Big!!!) fiberglass shield. Boots are just a pair of basic brown costume boots.
11287208_10204500630657944_329121536_n.jpg
11281739_10204501384436788_520876535_n.jpg

I'm not sure what the pants are made of, but you could just try machine washing them, on cold, a couple of times. If that doesn't work, or the material of the pants will be ruined in a machine, you could also try a Scotch brand Magic Eraser. Try it on an inconspicuous part of the pant first (bottom cuff or crotch crease, for example), but I have seen those used, with friction, to distress/fade clothes. Just depends on how it was dyed and what the material is.

I'm not sure what the pants are made of, but you could just try machine washing them, on cold, a couple of times. If that doesn't work, or the material of the pants will be ruined in a machine, you could also try a Scotch brand Magic Eraser. Try it on an inconspicuous part of the pant first (bottom cuff or crotch crease, for example), but I have seen those used, with friction, to distress/fade clothes. Just depends on how it was dyed and what the material is.

I think it would wash ok. I found this way online which might work, just fearful of messing up the pants.

You will need 3 large plastic storage bins. Combine 1 part chlorine bleach with 10 parts very hot water in the first bin. Fill the second bin with cold water. In the third bin, mix a chlorine neutralizer (available through specialty websites) with water, following the manufacturer's instructions. The neutralizer stops bleach from continuing to fade fabric and eliminates chlorine odors.Run fabric under the tap in hot water. Then submerge the fabric in the first bin; watch it closely, keeping in mind that it will look brighter when wet than it will when it dries. The fading process takes anywhere from 10 seconds to 15 minutes. If you are unsure how long to soak the fabric, err on the side of caution. Add a little more bleach if you don't see results after 15 minutes. (Do not use more than 1 part bleach to 5 parts water.)
Submerge the fabric in the bin of cold water, and swish it around, rinsing thoroughly. Wring it out.
Transfer fabric to the bin of chlorine neutralizer, and soak according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Launder the fabric with detergent, and dry it in the dryer.

Sounds like a very complicated method! Never actually heard of it before. That said,if it does what it says, it sounds like it will do exactly what you want it to do.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back