Captain America: TWS Stealth Suit (In progress)

Fadedsky

Hi Folks! Peter here.

I'm a brand new cosplayer in Houston, Texas. In terms of going into the hobby, but a long time browser on these forums but newbie cosplayer and as of late, i've been getting serious into cosplaying. For my first cosplay, i've chosen Captain America, due to having a childhood centered around him thanks to my Father and my Grandfather. So without further ado, onto the build!

I've recently ordered my tailored CA:TWS S.T.R.I.K.E Stealth suit from Cosplaysky which should be on the way. Also, i've been browsing these Marvel forums for days with countless hours and i'm wondering if i can get any current tips from current Captain America cosplayers.

Questions(more will be added as more arise):

1.) What modifications to the suit do people tend to recommend currently?

2.) Has anyone dealt with the CATTOYS shield Captain America shield replicas and do they recommend them? Because that is the shield i have been considering.

3.) *Updated* Any former/current CA Cosplayers dealt with the CA:TWS accessory bundle on Ebay? Would like opinions and reviews.

Current List of things done/need to be done:

-Get CA:TWS Suit :thumbsup
-Obtain Replica Shield(Aluminum Pref.)
-Boots and Gaiters
-CA:TWS Helmet
-Replace Cosplaysky straps(after browsing for several days, members have been talking about getting a new set of TWS accessory package which i can't seem to locate)

Moderators, if this is a bad post, feel more than free to delete it since i'm new :)

Reference Pictures:
FZ-02718_R.jpg
Scarlett-Johansson-Chris-Evans-star-as-Black-Widow-Captain-America-in-Marvels-Captain-America.jpg
chris_evans_captain_america_winter_soldier-wide.jpg

Last edited:
Hello from a fellow Houstonian! (Well Richmond ;) ) I'm actually about to do the same suit! I won a contest on their Facebook page so I'll be following along with this.

Hello from a fellow Houstonian! (Well Richmond ;) ) I'm actually about to do the same suit! I won a contest on their Facebook page so I'll be following along with this.

Hey that's awesome! Great to see a Texans cosplayer nearby and Richmond isn't too far! Will definitely be big help in the coming future. :)

*Updates
After hours of countless research today, i've managed to narrow down some more items on my list but still need opinions from other members. Located the separate accessory kit for CA:TWA on ebay, has anyone had experience with these? (http://www.ebay.com/itm/22157386701...49&var=520431519479&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT) By the looks of it, they look very promising after i modify the Cosplaysky harness over to this one should i get it.

Still haven't located a decent metal shield just yet. :/

It's not leather, that's the issue lol it's pleather

Yeah, that's what i meant. Sorry typing on the whim with hundreds of browsers opened, looking at several things at once. But yeah, i think i saw earlier people somehow tampering with the pleather aging it/darkening it somehow. No idea. Could be wrong.

Hey Folks! Peter here.

So i finally received my S.T.R.I.K.E suit after some long waiting and i would like to point out that right out of the bag, the quality of the suit is extremely nice and surpassed my expectations after reading some reviews from others! The suit feels and looks great but comes with some minor complications, which are fixable of course.
attachment.php

First off, the suit fits pretty great, but it is actually a little poofy to the point where it puffs out at the back(i pull it forward below to show). Also, the belt i ordered was too small(despite ordering a size up) so it's not pictured either. Will be altering the top very soon

attachment.php

Other than those two problems, i'm still waiting on some more pieces to come in! (a better belt, harness, and some matching gloves, which are all on the way, hopefully.)
So far that's my progress! Hope to add more as i start piecing everything together. :)

I know i'm no where as good as a crafter as MANY people on here, so i hope you enjoy my progress as i slowly learn how to be a better cosplayer! :)

Attachments

• IMG_5798.JPG
    IMG_5798.JPG
    613 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5798_zpsnpezcyuc.jpg
    IMG_5798_zpsnpezcyuc.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_5800_zpsqih1gilh.jpg
    IMG_5800_zpsqih1gilh.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back