Captain America TFA - Screen Used Costumes at FIDM

Gator Fett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The FIDM in Los Angeles is currently hosting the 20th Annual Art of Motion Picture Costume Design exhibit from February 14 to April 28, 2012. From this photo it looks like they have the Cap, Red Skull and Peggy Carter costumes on display.

Can someone in the area with a nice hi-rez camera get a ton of pictures of Cap's suit to share with those that can't get to California anytime soon? Please? :)

img_0022.jpg

Seconded! Pretty pleaaaaaase? I wish I could go there myself :(

Whoever will be snapping all those hi-res photos will be helping out a lot of us who are working on Cap's costume :)

Last edited:
Neat! I live in LA and had no clue this was happening. I'll definitely check that out and bring my camera. I'll also try to rig up some sort of laser measuring device so we can get some scale :D

make sure to check you can snap photos, I told my wife about it she works blocks away. I totally want to go see the costumes.

Bump for updates... Was anyone able to check this out? I am trying to find a good picture of the right side of the leather strap on the helmet. If anyone has any pictures I would certainly appreciate them!

I've been trying to get out there, might go this Friday, I got it off. But from what I hear it might be no photos allowed :angry anyhow we'll see and I'll report back.

Hey guys -
I live in LA and go to these exhibits every year. It's amazing to see them in person, truly, but absolutely no photography is allowed. They often have a lot of personnel walking the floor, watching all the rooms to make sure people aren't snapping photos. It really sucks because they've had the coolest stuff on display!!!

Laamberry and I went last weekend. It was a really stunning collection. Hero Captain America, Red Skull. Bunch of hero suits from Thor, including Thor and Loki. Their capes are fleece, by the way. A few costumes from Super 8, a few great costumes from Immortals.

And no, ABSOLUTELY no photography. There are guards at every corner. Very vigilant. If you even pull out a cell phone, they come and get you. It's a bummer, but frankly it's worth seeing the exhibit in person.

My guess is that the reason they don't allow photography is because they want visitors and donations.

Either way, it's a great exhibit, and if you're in town, definitely worth a stop. Though it's it's pretty small, and can all be seen in under 30 mins, it's an amazing sight.

Thanks all for the info. It's a shame I'm not in California! Although, I was able to get what I was looking for. There was a similar exhibit in the UK, and one of the members here (NuRF) was able to get some great shots (which are also being used for merkymerx buckle/hardware project)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back