Captain America TFA pieces and parts?

Anyone know a source for the various metal rings used for rigging the harnesses on this suit?

I've looked around, haven't found any.

I have a source for the 'star' shaped connector in the center of the back, and the belt buckle in metal.

Also looking for the clip that holds the straps (blue one in back, and the red straps on the front) to the belt.

I figure it would be easy enough for the place making the the star and belt buckle to make the rings for me as well, but ready to buy would be preferable.

thanks.

Sorry to necropost here but did you ever get any traction on the D-rings, tri-rings or Loops for the TFA Cap?

I've been looking everywhere for them...

Sorry to necropost here but did you ever get any traction on the D-rings, tri-rings or Loops for the TFA Cap?

I've been looking everywhere for them...

yeah, my brother in law owns a fabrication shop and is fabricating pretty much everything for me.

all the rings and loops, belt buckle, and the star on the back, all out of metal.
The star is hinged and functional.

trying to decide on the rest, bamabat has a really nice chest star, but it's not totally accurate based on the pics I've seen. But his price is decent, and the star is really nice quality. I'll probably buy his, but I've done the Star in 3D and have been contemplating doing a 3D print from the file I created.

Big issue right now is I can't find decent reasonably accurate fabric for the costume. One guy here got really lucky, and found an amazing bit of fabric on ebay that looks really really close. So far, I haven't had much luck on that front.

Hmmmm maybe I can help on the fabric. I am making a costume now and found some fabric that I like. I do not know how much they have left but we could find a mfg and number on the bolt. Any chance you are gonna make 2 of the back star?

Hmmmm maybe I can help on the fabric. I am making a costume now and found some fabric that I like. I do not know how much they have left but we could find a mfg and number on the bolt. Any chance you are gonna make 2 of the back star?

Possibly.

I gave consideration to making a run of parts to sell to offset the cost of making my uniform.

yeah, my brother in law owns a fabrication shop and is fabricating pretty much everything for me.

all the rings and loops, belt buckle, and the star on the back, all out of metal.
The star is hinged and functional.

trying to decide on the rest, bamabat has a really nice chest star, but it's not totally accurate based on the pics I've seen. But his price is decent, and the star is really nice quality. I'll probably buy his, but I've done the Star in 3D and have been contemplating doing a 3D print from the file I created.

Big issue right now is I can't find decent reasonably accurate fabric for the costume. One guy here got really lucky, and found an amazing bit of fabric on ebay that looks really really close. So far, I haven't had much luck on that front.

We are in the same boat... looking for fabrics currently myself.

DSC5113-L.jpg

Found this fabric at a local store, but I doubt there is enough left to do a full suit from. I will going back there in the next 3 weeks I will find out MFG and style and see if they can order more.

From the art of cap america book the costume designer said the material was a like ballistic nylon with a rubber backing. She thought it was made for horse blankets. I think I read in a thread somewhere that it was screen printed to get the fisher stripe effect.

Yeah, I emailed them and asked them about it ages ago. They said it was nylon based, used for horse blankets. Also, it was grey and they dyed it blue and then screen printed the herringbone. As a side note, they used the same pattern, and colour to printed the blue AND the grey sections.

sgmorton, that is a super close match to the look of the SU. Is it wool? Someone in another thread found a really close wool suit fabric that looks like yours.

Fantastic belt / pouches / holster BTW. Those vintage WWII pieces?

Not going to hijack the thread so this is the last I will say about my build here. Yes they are vintage pouches, I found a similar pouch and reworked it to more of a movie match. The belt and holster strap I made. the holster I got on ebay and is a new vintage piece the buckle is Bambat. Redyed all of the leather on all of the pieces except the pouches and I am restoring them a little bit (but not to much) now.

The material is not wool ... I am not sure what it is I will check when I go back to the store

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back