Captain America Stealth Suit (I know, I'm late on this)

GreenCircleCube

Hey guys,

I've never made a cosplay outfit before so I'd like some words of advice from you guys about this. I really loved Cap's Stealth Suit from Winter Soldier and I want to make a cosplay out of it or a suit similar to it. It just looks so badass you know? Anyways heres a video I found about designing the suit from the designer herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkQXkKh5zNc

You guys have any advice? I want to make the suit look more like the actual screen used suit rather than ones you see online that are mostly made of leather.

This suit could be a good place to start. I would change out all the leather parts with real leather (member Delta13 does great leather work). Below are 2 reviews from members in this thread that bought the suit.

Alright, So after owning this costume for 24 hours, I have my review. So lets start off with what I got. You receive the coat, the pants, gloves, belt, shield harness thingy, and the "helmet". Right out of the box, the detail looked great. I already knew I would be replacing the star, but it actually doesn't look that awful. I'm replacing the star with Cosplay Sky's star they sell, http://cosplaysky.com/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-steve-rogers-metal-star-badge-insignia.html Anyways, this costume is HARD to put on alone. Mostly because the collar is detachable with these snaps on the front, so whenever you try to put the harness on, it knocks it off. I eventually learned to get it on my own. Once I put the costume on, I noticed that the coat was super, super short. I did custom measurements, so I didn't really know what was up. I'm starting to think its supposed to look that way so it looks like a one piece costume. The pants were great, had no problem with those. The Belt looks pretty good. The only problem with that is that there is no way to adjust it. It was a bit small so I pinned it to the right size. I'll sew it up later. The helmet...lets not talk about that... The metal pieces on the costume look really good. Thats about it :p But I did buy a photo-op with Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier) and Anthony Mackie (The Falcon) at Chicago Comic-Con, So that should be fun!

I received my cosplaysky costume in only five days from China, and I've been meaning to post my thoughts/review. As I was reading this posting I had several of the exact same thoughts and I'm looking for some advice on the bottom of the thread with some upgrades. I would have posted photos of it but mine are exactly like HPF.
--The suit looks great, and takes a helper to put on. My fiance had to zip up the back and help with the straps.
--The coat is a little short, but is designed to be that way. I ordered an XL, and while the pants are too big and need to be hemmed, the coat is a little small. I got the stock XL as I didn't want to delay shipping by a few weeks since I'd like to wear to a con.
--The harness and belt are NOT adjustable. They are loose on me, but that's better than too tight. Note: the numbers didn't line up for me, as the pants were 38-39", but my circumference is a 45". I wear 36" jeans a little loose on me. Anyway.
--The gloves, I have to say, aren't bad at all. I could replace them (see below).

1. I'm thinking of replacing the gloves with a leather pair I found on Amazon for $10, and getting boots with gaiters as others have suggested. Has anyone had any luck finding the latter?
2. I bought this and tried it with the whole getup, and it is H-O-T inside. I'm going with boxers and that's it folks, and it's stifling with this helmet. http://amzn.to/1AgPXIY Is there any other item that would work with the stealth suit, or am I destined to overheat in 15 minutes despite hydrating? I was thinking I could cut from the sides on the ears, but then the strap goes away.
3. I have this shield to go with it, and it's my pride and joy, but a little wonky to mount on my back. How could I mount this to this particular harness in the back?

Thanks for your advice guys.

There are also some facebook groups (build a better captain america costume) comes to mind. You could check out their work as they pretty much are the pioneers in leading the way to a better costume. I also have a build I did with Civil War. I would definitely recommend the alterations I did there to increase the mobility.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back