Captain America SSR File TFA

LegoCapRogers

I am very new to this site but have been following some of the posts on here for a while.

As far as I can tell there is no thread devoted towards the SSR file Colonel Phillips gives to Peggy Carter at the end of Captain America The First Avenger. Some of the smaller props from films (such as this file) are the props that I find most interesting and are often the ones that I am most eager to own

I have already built the file but I can include instructions and pictures if anyone is interested

DSCF2532.JPG

The materials I used were:

Brown Paper/Card
String
2x Brass Split Pins
Light Brown Velvet/Leather
Glue

Step 1:
Cut the paper to Strip 1 (34cm x 53.5cm) and Strip 2 (6cm x 22cm).

Step 2:
Fold Strip 1 at 17.5cm, 40.5 cm, 41.5cm and 42.5cm.

Step 3:
Cut Strip 2 in half to be left with 2 lots of 6cm x 11cm.

Step 4:
Alternatively fold both of the Strip 2s along the 6cm edge at intervals of 2cm, 1cm and 1cm leaving 2cm.

Step 5:
After the 4th fold on Strip 1, you should be left with 11cm which is where you attach both Strip 2s with the M shape at the top and the W shape at the bottom.

M
| |
| |
W

Thus creating the MW side.

Step 6:
Cut the Light Brown Velvet/Leather into 2x 2.5cm diameter circles (I stuck the circles to card for added stability).

Step 7:
Fasten the circles with the Brass Split Pins. 1, on the flap about 3cm from the edge, 2, on the MW side about 2.5cm from the edge and in total 5.5cm apart from each other.

Step 8:
Use the string to wrap around the pins to fasten the file together.

Et voilà, we are done! Unless you need the Identification Document to be attached to the front of the file.

I am very new to this site but have been following some of the posts on here for a while.

As far as I can tell there is no thread devoted towards the SSR file Colonel Phillips gives to Peggy Carter at the end of Captain America The First Avenger. Some of the smaller props from films (such as this file) are the props that I find most interesting and are often the ones that I am most eager to own

I have already built the file but I can include instructions and pictures if anyone is interested

View attachment 508576
I know I'm 8 year too late for this discussion. But I found the office envelope (kind of). They're called " 3/4 flap document wallets." They also make 1/2 flap and full flap versions. I believe they used the 3/4 flap version for the film. They are way easier to get in the UK than in the US. Which makes sense because Barry Gibbs was the property master for The First Avenger.

Color matching has been a bit of a challenge. Please see the attached image of the screen used prop. The prop looks kind of OD green, kind of aged manilla. I'm not sure what it is. And the product images where I can find them are also inconsistent. A UK company called Exacompta makes them in a color called "buff." Some of the pictures match, others don't: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Exacompta-PW5-BUFZ-Guildhall-Protection-Heavyweight/dp/B00BI590KM

I found a company called Whitebox in the US that makes a yellow. Again, in some images the colors match. In others, not so much: Amazon.com

At any rate, a maker interested in this would have to add their own string closure. Easy enough if you get some dark red card stock circles, brass brads, and white string.

Attachments

• CivilWarExibit17.jpg
    CivilWarExibit17.jpg
    757.5 KB · Views: 36

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back