Captain America shields

Cptnchaos

Just curious to see if anyone out there is making any ROUND Captain America shields...

I made this WWII version for my girlfriend and wanted to see if there were any ROUND ones to be had besides the stamped aircraft aluminium one Factory X did a few years back. I have one of those hanging on my wall. Its too fragile to be brought to a convention...

Here is Amanda as the AMERICAN DREAM and her shield...

Tossing the shield

The American Dream

The Shield

Damian

<div class='quotetop'>(Galactifan @ May 19 2006, 09:37 AM) [snapback]1246731[/snapback]</div>

Thanks, but I was hoping for something a little more sturdy.

D

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ May 19 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1246734[/snapback]</div>
no luck on the league of heros??
[/b]

Already posted there too, figured I would cover all the bases on this one.

I dont have time to make one myself, so I figured I would ask around here.

Thanks..

Damian

You should try the archives, there was a thread about making a CA Shield from a Metal Disc that is used for sliding on the Snow in, it turned out...Great. :D

Nice work on that costume. :love

I got my shield from these guys around 6 years ago. I don't know if they still make them, but I love it.

http://www.geocities.com/imconprops/props.html

shield1.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ May 19 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]1246798[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(rocketeer25 @ May 19 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]1246783[/snapback]

I got my shield from these guys around 6 years ago. I don't know if they still make them, but I love it.

shield1.jpg

[/b]

that is nice.. :love
[/b][/quote]

Cool thanks everyone..

Damian

<div class='quotetop'>(rocketeer25 @ May 19 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]1246783[/snapback]</div>

shield1.jpg

[/b]
Immaculate Conceptions still does stuff, but their presence on the web is almost non-existant.
I do still have the number for Dave (the owner).

Dave doesn't have any more of these made and doesnt have a shop at the moment to make them. As soon as he gets a shop they are very high on the list. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(BlindSquirrel @ May 19 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]1247087[/snapback]</div>
Hey Damian.

How'd you make that shield? That's really cool.
[/b]

I used a HUGE sheet of construction paper, folded it in half, cut out a template and then traced it onto some STYRENE, used a jigsaw to cut it out, a heat gun to bend it and then painted it up. I used leather straps froma "make yourself a belt" kit from a leather shop and whammo... a shield..

I need a ROUND one now. Like I said my factory X one is shot..

Thanks

Damian

Sorry Guys I'm on the way out the door. I can make you a NICE, sturdy Cap'n America sheild, vac-formed out of .093 Kydex. It has dimensional details, so each surface is a different height. As I said, I'm running out the door so I can't post pic's right now, but maybe my good friend Jeff "Borg Drone" Young can post a picture of his?
Thanks,
Scott Paige
Hangar 18 Studios
e-mail: Hanger18studios@yahoo.com

CptnChaos, are you the one that did Colossus at Dragon Con last year, and Superman (and her Supergirl) the year before?

Wow, just had long conversations about this very subject at work, maybe a week ago (been spending a lot of time painting Cap lately...) We also have somewhat regular conversations about Thor's hammer (and the others), Iron Man helmets, and where does Warbird keep her spare change?

We've seen a bunch of shields while hunting around, but no one's quite caught the look of the sheen and the strap system. Rocketeer, yours is nice, yet seems a bit light in color. Still, wow. One of these days someone will nail it. We even came across one that had been scratched up deliberately... um... hello?. :)

The AD costume is fantastic, Cptnchaos... I'd think she'll want to get a shield that's got a good level of satin sheen to it to work with the costume material. I hope one is found or made (sounds like you'll get a great start here)... could lead to a list of folks with ear-splitting grins, but yours first.

<div class='quotetop'>(BLAST @ May 20 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]1247545[/snapback]</div>
CptnChaos, are you the one that did Colossus at Dragon Con last year, and Superman (and her Supergirl) the year before?
[/b]

yup, That was Amanda and I as Superman and Supergirl, and also me as Colossus.

Thanks for the nice compliments

Damian

<div class='quotetop'>(Clerval @ May 20 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]1247634[/snapback]</div>
Wow, just had long conversations about this very subject at work, maybe a week ago (been spending a lot of time painting Cap lately...) We also have somewhat regular conversations about Thor's hammer (and the others), Iron Man helmets, and where does Warbird keep her spare change?

We've seen a bunch of shields while hunting around, but no one's quite caught the look of the sheen and the strap system. Rocketeer, yours is nice, yet seems a bit light in color. Still, wow. One of these days someone will nail it. We even came across one that had been scratched up deliberately... um... hello?. :)

The AD costume is fantastic, Cptnchaos... I'd think she'll want to get a shield that's got a good level of satin sheen to it to work with the costume material. I hope one is found or made (sounds like you'll get a great start here)... could lead to a list of folks with ear-splitting grins, but yours first.
[/b]

Thanks, drop me an email sometime, we can talk comic stuff like you mentioned.. I have some things in the works you might like...

as far as her shield goes, it was a LAST minute prop I made in a hour for her to use at the convention. I bought the wrong coating spray and it dulled the colors down way too much. I didnt have time to fix it or make her another one... Wait till you see the new ones... MWUAhahahahahahaha...

Talk to you soon

Damian

DJBEURER@AOL.com

<div class='quotetop'>(Borg Drone @ May 20 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]1247625[/snapback]</div>
Here is the H18 Cap sheild.....

For size reference I am 6'4" 300+lbs

Jeff

[attachmentid=8150]

[attachmentid=8149]

[attachmentid=8151]
[/b]

Borg, Nice shield, But I am looking for a smooth shield not a layered one. Thank you for the offer though.

Where is your suit to match your shield? You would make an awesome cap..

Damian

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back