Captain America shields

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Cptnchaos, May 19, 2006.

1. Cptnchaos

Cptnchaos Well-Known Member

Just curious to see if anyone out there is making any ROUND Captain America shields...

I made this WWII version for my girlfriend and wanted to see if there were any ROUND ones to be had besides the stamped aircraft aluminium one Factory X did a few years back. I have one of those hanging on my wall. Its too fragile to be brought to a convention...

Here is Amanda as the AMERICAN DREAM and her shield...

Tossing the shield

The American Dream

The Shield

Damian

2. Galactifan

Galactifan Sr Member

3. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

no luck on the league of heros??

4. Cptnchaos

<div class='quotetop'>(Galactifan @ May 19 2006, 09:37 AM) [snapback]1246731[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, but I was hoping for something a little more sturdy.

D

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ May 19 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1246734[/snapback]</div>

Already posted there too, figured I would cover all the bases on this one.

I dont have time to make one myself, so I figured I would ask around here.

Thanks..

Damian

maveagle likes this.
  5. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You should try the archives, there was a thread about making a CA Shield from a Metal Disc that is used for sliding on the Snow in, it turned out...Great. :D

6. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Nice work :)

Post some more pics of Amanda....errr I mean the shield :D

7. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

8. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(rocketeer25 @ May 19 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]1246783[/snapback]</div>
    that is nice.. :love

9. Cptnchaos

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ May 19 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]1246798[/snapback]</div>
    that is nice.. :love
    [/b][/quote]

Cool thanks everyone..

Damian

10. JRHermle

JRHermle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>(rocketeer25 @ May 19 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]1246783[/snapback]</div>
    Immaculate Conceptions still does stuff, but their presence on the web is almost non-existant.
    I do still have the number for Dave (the owner).

11. BlindSquirrel

BlindSquirrel Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Damian.

How'd you make that shield? That's really cool.

12. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Sr Member

Dave doesn't have any more of these made and doesnt have a shop at the moment to make them. As soon as he gets a shop they are very high on the list. :)

13. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

14. Cptnchaos

<div class='quotetop'>(BlindSquirrel @ May 19 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]1247087[/snapback]</div>

I used a HUGE sheet of construction paper, folded it in half, cut out a template and then traced it onto some STYRENE, used a jigsaw to cut it out, a heat gun to bend it and then painted it up. I used leather straps froma "make yourself a belt" kit from a leather shop and whammo... a shield..

I need a ROUND one now. Like I said my factory X one is shot..

Thanks

Damian

15. Hangar18Studios

Hangar18Studios Well-Known Member

Sorry Guys I'm on the way out the door. I can make you a NICE, sturdy Cap'n America sheild, vac-formed out of .093 Kydex. It has dimensional details, so each surface is a different height. As I said, I'm running out the door so I can't post pic's right now, but maybe my good friend Jeff "Borg Drone" Young can post a picture of his?
    Thanks,
    Scott Paige
    Hangar 18 Studios
    e-mail: Hanger18studios@yahoo.com

16. BLAST

BLAST Well-Known Member

CptnChaos, are you the one that did Colossus at Dragon Con last year, and Superman (and her Supergirl) the year before?

17. Robot Monster

Robot Monster Sr Member

I saw some shots of that con, that was great Superman and Supergirl outfits. Lots of board people in some fantastic outfits.

18. Borg Drone

Borg Drone New Member

Here is the H18 Cap sheild.....

For size reference I am 6'4" 300+lbs

Jeff

[attachmentid=8150]

[attachmentid=8149]

[attachmentid=8151]

19. Clerval

Clerval Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow, just had long conversations about this very subject at work, maybe a week ago (been spending a lot of time painting Cap lately...) We also have somewhat regular conversations about Thor's hammer (and the others), Iron Man helmets, and where does Warbird keep her spare change?

We've seen a bunch of shields while hunting around, but no one's quite caught the look of the sheen and the strap system. Rocketeer, yours is nice, yet seems a bit light in color. Still, wow. One of these days someone will nail it. We even came across one that had been scratched up deliberately... um... hello?. :)

The AD costume is fantastic, Cptnchaos... I'd think she'll want to get a shield that's got a good level of satin sheen to it to work with the costume material. I hope one is found or made (sounds like you'll get a great start here)... could lead to a list of folks with ear-splitting grins, but yours first.

20. Cptnchaos

<div class='quotetop'>(BLAST @ May 20 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]1247545[/snapback]</div>

yup, That was Amanda and I as Superman and Supergirl, and also me as Colossus.

Thanks for the nice compliments

Damian

<div class='quotetop'>(Clerval @ May 20 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]1247634[/snapback]</div>

Thanks, drop me an email sometime, we can talk comic stuff like you mentioned.. I have some things in the works you might like...

as far as her shield goes, it was a LAST minute prop I made in a hour for her to use at the convention. I bought the wrong coating spray and it dulled the colors down way too much. I didnt have time to fix it or make her another one... Wait till you see the new ones... MWUAhahahahahahaha...

Talk to you soon

Damian

DJBEURER@AOL.com

<div class='quotetop'>(Borg Drone @ May 20 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]1247625[/snapback]</div>

Borg, Nice shield, But I am looking for a smooth shield not a layered one. Thank you for the offer though.

Where is your suit to match your shield? You would make an awesome cap..

Damian

21. brin

brin Well-Known Member

I know Damian wants the smooth shield, but I love the "stripes" in relief mainly because the shield was supposed to be some kind of tank hatch cover.
    Drop me a PM on that shield Jeff.
    Thanks,
    -Brin

22. SirJediKnightTim

SirJediKnightTim Well-Known Member

OK. Now you HAVE to post photos of that.

<div class='quotetop'>(Cptnchaos @ May 20 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]1247654[/snapback]</div>

yup, That was Amanda and I as Superman and Supergirl, and also me as Colossus.

Thanks for the nice compliments

Damian

[Damian
    [/b][/quote]

23. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Here's the H18 shield I painted up about 4 years ago. Still my favorite shield...

24. Cptnchaos

25. Hangar18Studios

Hangar18Studios Well-Known Member

26. SirJediKnightTim

SirJediKnightTim Well-Known Member

You guys look great...

27. Jabor

Jabor New Member

Nice shield

28. legend23km

legend23km New Member

Hi! I was wondering if you and Amanda are able to act because I'm doing a fan film involving supergirl and superman and other dc, marvel, mk, and street fighter characters and I was wondering if you're interested. PLEASE WRITE ME BACK!:D

29. legend23km

legend23km New Member

excuse me, do you and your wife still have these superman and supergirl costumes?