Captain America Shield Stand

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been looking for a cool way to display my shield in a safe way on the floor – and I didn't want to build something. I was in a guitar store and noticed a sturdy little stand that looked like it would cradle the shield perfectly. It took a tiny bit of modding but it holds it perfectly. The stand was an On-Stage A Frame Guitar Stand. Here's the link:

Amazon.com: OnStage GS7462B Folding Guitar Stand: Musical Instruments

The mods were 1) trim the arms at the bottom a bit, Just a quick cut with a hacksaw. THe padded tips go right back on. The large piece at the top of the A-frame is a piece of wood I cut and screwed to the stand. This allow the shield to sit more upright.

Thought I'd share.

Valor

Last edited:
It's funny, I'm confident in the mounting tape holding the handles on for holding the shield in my hand, but I'm not positive how it will hold if I "hung" the shield off the handles for a long period of time. My other idea was to simply wall mount it with a couple of large L-brackets curved and cradling it on the bottom. Might do that as well. This stand was a way for me to be perfectly confident that it is safe ... unless the cleaning lady at work (where I keep it) hits it with the vacuum :(

I made a simple "L" bracket with a lip to mount my shield on the wall... Has worked out well so far!

IMG_20120501_094938.jpg

IMG_20120501_094945.jpg

IMG_20120501_094915.jpg

IMG_20120325_164435.jpg

Construction is three pieces of wood, pocket screw joints, painted, felt added to cushion, and mounted to the wall

Pretty cool. I'd be afraid someone would bump it and it would roll off the shelf. Is it secured in any way?

Not secured... Just leaned against the wall at enough of an angle I felt comfortable with. Since it's behind everything else I'm not too worried about it, but I can see why that would be a concern!

Hmmm....all I was going to do was install a couple hooks in the wall and link them up with the handles on the back of the shield. I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not...maybe a combination of both the hooks and the L stand?

I think hanging is fine if the back of the shield is blank. If you are wanting to show off a leather strap/bracket system like Valor is offering I think a small stand such as the guitar one would look great with a mirror placed behind it to show off the bracket system.

Just a thought.

It's funny, I'm confident in the mounting tape holding the handles on for holding the shield in my hand, but I'm not positive how it will hold if I "hung" the shield off the handles for a long period of time. My other idea was to simply wall mount it with a couple of large L-brackets curved and cradling it on the bottom. Might do that as well. This stand was a way for me to be perfectly confident that it is safe ... unless the cleaning lady at work (where I keep it) hits it with the vacuum :(

I love the Guitar stand Idea, Im going to use it. If you want to keep off the floor, why not just put on a podium or stool. Sometimes I use those folding tray tables, use to eat like on your sofa, and cover it with a Black blanket or material, as a quick podium.

Awesome. I just ordered one and the best thing was it cost nothing with all the amazon rewards points I had. You really have some of the greatest posts.

I've been looking for a cool way to display my shield in a safe way on the floor – and I didn't want to build something. I was in a guitar store and noticed a sturdy little stand that looked like it would cradle the shield perfectly. It took a tiny bit of modding but it holds it perfectly. The stand was an On-Stage A Frame Guitar Stand. Here's the link:

Amazon.com: OnStage GS7462B Folding Guitar Stand: Musical Instruments

The mods were 1) trim the arms at the bottom a bit, Just a quick cut with a hacksaw. THe padded tips go right back on. The large piece at the top of the A-frame is a piece of wood I cut and screwed to the stand. This allow the shield to sit more upright.

Thought I'd share.

Valor

Sorry to revive an old thread, but do you still have the pics of your shield on this stand?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back