Captain America Shield Stand

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Valor, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Valor

Valor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've been looking for a cool way to display my shield in a safe way on the floor – and I didn't want to build something. I was in a guitar store and noticed a sturdy little stand that looked like it would cradle the shield perfectly. It took a tiny bit of modding but it holds it perfectly. The stand was an On-Stage A Frame Guitar Stand. Here's the link:

Amazon.com: OnStage GS7462B Folding Guitar Stand: Musical Instruments

The mods were 1) trim the arms at the bottom a bit, Just a quick cut with a hacksaw. THe padded tips go right back on. The large piece at the top of the A-frame is a piece of wood I cut and screwed to the stand. This allow the shield to sit more upright.

Thought I'd share.

Valor

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Cool nice and neat. :) I was planning on using one of those for my Rocketeer pack if I ever get it finished up.

3. joshimus

joshimus Active Member

Awesome find Valor...I will definitely be getting one of these.

4. Nbchampion

Nbchampion New Member

Where you get the shield from? Looking for a quality replica. Thanks

5. Valor

I made it

6. OhYeahItsJosh

OhYeahItsJosh Member

Hmmm...great idea. I'm trying to find a way to attach it on my wall. I wonder if hooks will hold it up?

7. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Brilliant!!! :thumbsup

8. Valor

It's funny, I'm confident in the mounting tape holding the handles on for holding the shield in my hand, but I'm not positive how it will hold if I "hung" the shield off the handles for a long period of time. My other idea was to simply wall mount it with a couple of large L-brackets curved and cradling it on the bottom. Might do that as well. This stand was a way for me to be perfectly confident that it is safe ... unless the cleaning lady at work (where I keep it) hits it with the vacuum :(

9. usconcept

usconcept Well-Known Member

Check out wall mounted guitar stands, the are cushioned L brackets

10. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I made a simple "L" bracket with a lip to mount my shield on the wall... Has worked out well so far!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Construction is three pieces of wood, pocket screw joints, painted, felt added to cushion, and mounted to the wall

11. Valor

Pretty cool. I'd be afraid someone would bump it and it would roll off the shelf. Is it secured in any way?

12. Hwood851

Hwood851 New Member

Very nice.

13. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Not secured... Just leaned against the wall at enough of an angle I felt comfortable with. Since it's behind everything else I'm not too worried about it, but I can see why that would be a concern!

14. OhYeahItsJosh

OhYeahItsJosh Member

Hmmm....all I was going to do was install a couple hooks in the wall and link them up with the handles on the back of the shield. I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not...maybe a combination of both the hooks and the L stand?

15. joshimus

joshimus Active Member

I think hanging is fine if the back of the shield is blank. If you are wanting to show off a leather strap/bracket system like Valor is offering I think a small stand such as the guitar one would look great with a mirror placed behind it to show off the bracket system.

Just a thought.

16. Roc74

Roc74 New Member

I love the Guitar stand Idea, Im going to use it. If you want to keep off the floor, why not just put on a podium or stool. Sometimes I use those folding tray tables, use to eat like on your sofa, and cover it with a Black blanket or material, as a quick podium.

17. dstlouis28

dstlouis28 Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Awesome. I just ordered one and the best thing was it cost nothing with all the amazon rewards points I had. You really have some of the greatest posts.

18. TheFrankTurk

TheFrankTurk Active Member

I think this is way under Valor's actual ability. I can't believe it's not lit up by solar-powered lasers.

:D

19. Valor

Still working on the lasers ;)

20. maffhewdc

maffhewdc Sr Member

Sorry to revive an old thread, but do you still have the pics of your shield on this stand?

21. Valor

[​IMG]sirry this is all I could find

Murdoch, JPH and maffhewdc like this.
  22. maffhewdc

maffhewdc Sr Member

23. Valor

Better shot of just the stand. [​IMG]

Fly4v and maffhewdc like this.
  24. Dungeonstone

Dungeonstone Member

It's the same stand I use to display the Marvel Legends shield my wife bought me for our anniversary a couple years ago.

25. maffhewdc

maffhewdc Sr Member