Captain America Shield sells on Ebay

An original, screen used shield from "Captain America The First Avenger" has just sold on Ebay for over $20,000.

The shield was part of a contest held by Symantec, the company behind
Norton's Anti Virus.

For more information go to Ebay or my web site above.

Norton eh? When the new owner get's the shield, will it be impossible to get rid of?

On a serious note, $20,000 for a 'new' movie prop is quite impressive - the Marvel films really have carved out a niche in the pop culture marketplace, haven't they?

Norton eh? When the new owner get's the shield, will it be impossible to get rid of?

On a serious note, $20,000 for a 'new' movie prop is quite impressive - the Marvel films really have carved out a niche in the pop culture marketplace, haven't they?

$20,000 is a lot for a prop to pay for especially when in the next few years there will be tons of shields popping up.

A few are in the Capt America auction, then the rest will pop up during Avengers, Capt America 2, Avengers 2 auctions. I cant see the shields normally going for this. A $10,000-$12,000 is a little more accurate imo.

Bazinga_by_calceil.jpg

$20,000 is a lot for a prop to pay for especially when in the next few years there will be tons of shields popping up. A few are in the Capt America auction, then the rest will pop up during Avengers, Capt America 2, Avengers 2 auctions. I cant see the shields normally going for this. A $10,000-$12,000 is a little more accurate imo.

Can you share how you know there will be tons of shields in the next few years? How did you determine the going price for a screen used shield is between $10 and $12K?

Do you work for Marvel or Profiles? I only ask because you say there will be auctions for Capt America 2, Avengers, and Avengers 2. Thanks.

Can you share how you know there will be tons of shields in the next few years? How did you determine the going price for a screen used shield is between $10 and $12K?

Do you work for Marvel or Profiles? I only ask because you say there will be auctions for Capt America 2, Avengers, and Avengers 2. Thanks.

Nope dont work for either, but have been collecting SU props for over 10 yrs. Im just mearly speculating. Every Marvel movie so far have had auctions. Propworx handled Hulk, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Profiles is handling Capt American and a lil bit of Thor, so its pretty safe to say their will be auctions for the remaining movies. I wish propworx was handling the Capt America auction, Alec and the guys over their do a great job, but Profiles is more mainstream and will attract more buyers. So just going off of that the prices will be a tad inflated.

As for the shields they made over 30 in various stages, at least 15 USO style, then you have the prototypes, shield in ice, trashcan shield. Now the profiles auction isnt listing them all, maybe they're waiting till after the auction to spread them out and get the most money for them.

Either way thats a lot of shields, then figure in THe Avengers there is prolly at least 15 shields, and Capt America 2 there will be a whole bunch more. I think in a few years youll be able to get a shield at a reasonable price.

Dont quote me on that, like I said im just speculating, but they are out there.

.:M

There's a lot of shields. This is a very high price, albeit for an item from the first movie, that is highly recognizable.

This topic brings up a very interesting point: What is a high price? If the shields in the official auction sell for more money than this shield sold for, does that mean this shield sold for a low price?

James

This topic brings up a very interesting point: What is a high price? If the shields in the official auction sell for more money than this shield sold for, does that mean this shield sold for a low price?

James

In theory yes, but at the end of the day its however much the buyer wants to spend. Who knows it could be some rich business mogul buying it for his office and has no problem dropping $30,000+ on it. To me and im sure to most people thats a lot of money but im sure to some its spare change :( kinda depressing really.

I wish propworx was handling the Capt America auction, Alec and the guys over their do a great job, but Profiles is more mainstream and will attract more buyers. So just going off of that the prices will be a tad inflated.
.:M

I guess Marvel made a business decision and decided to go with Profiles instead.

As for the shields they made over 30 in various stages,I think in a few years you'll be able to get a shield at a reasonable price. .:M

Just because they made multiple shields doesn't mean they are all coming up for auction.

I am sure Marvel like any studio will possibly use them in the new Avenger movie and Captain America 2 and possibly keep some for their archives.

I guess Marvel made a business decision and decided to go with Profiles instead.

Just because they made multiple shields doesn't mean they are all coming up for auction.

I am sure Marvel like any studio will possibly use them in the new Avenger movie and Captain America 2 and possibly keep some for their archives.

I guess we'll see :angel ;)

It is possible... however I think the shield design in the Avengers is different from CA TFA. Its more reasonable that with each new movie, more shields will be created. Even if there is some recycling of props between movies there won't be 100% recycling.

Wow! It is great to finally see "the list".

I am now going to wait and buy one of the hard or soft rubber, biscuit foam, or broken fiberglass Captain America shields, when they eventually might be sold by Marvel. I am not going to be suckered in to buying one of those nice shields PIH is definitely offering now!

They missed a 2 of the shields encased in 'ice' - they were proper Aliminium shields encased. Ones in LA and in the auction, the other is at Shepperton Studios.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back