Captain America Shield - magnetic back handles (first try)

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Shaetun, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Shaetun

Shaetun New Member

So I have been working on my first Cap Shield, decided to go with the new magnetic back with metal handles (AoU). This is what I have so far, anybody got any advice on what I could do to improve it? Also made my buckle and back harness, still need to detail it though - its finally coming together..... Any detail advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Shaetun

Shaetun New Member

Got some thin rubber today to cover the magnets / add some color - will upload more pics as I finish.

jamesalton1 likes this.
  3. cavedwellar

cavedwellar Sr Member

Looking good!

4. Shaetun

Shaetun New Member

Thanks!

I got everything mounted yesterday but ended up scratching the front paint pretty bad - so its back to painting for me (The worst part). Still hoping to have it ready for the premier on thursday and to put some final pics up on here....

5. BananaBlitz

BananaBlitz Active Member

No idea how much the movie one curves to follow the back of the shield, but depending on how thick yours is, and how thick that bracket is, you could use matching material rivets and blind holes to set it in the back.

6. niloc87

niloc87 Active Member

maybe somewhat strong neodynium magnets on inside of the shield same with the glove if you plan on doing some tricks at cons like doing a shield pop off the floor and just let it automatically cling to your forearm

7. Krush

Krush New Member

The theater I went to made me leave my shield at the front desk before they'd let me in to see the movie, how lame is that Captain America can't take his shield to the movie.