Captain america shield foam pep

430517_4336249438213_502610043_n.jpg

576890_4334796001878_594461078_n.jpg

The sheild made out of cardboard i cut from the box off my tv and the captain america helmet out of foam hope you all like

How is this file even put together? When I view it, there are pieces off to the side that weren't printed :/ Please, someone respond

How is this file even put together? When I view it, there are pieces off to the side that weren't printed :/ Please, someone respond

Generally, these are the parts from a pepakura file (for paper) that you don't need for a foam build, since foam is much thicker than paper. I think I looked at this file some time ago (the shield), and the additional pieces are for the "grooves" between each foam piece - i.e. they are used to build the "valley" between each concentric circle. You don't use these for a foam build, because you can't fold foam as cleanly as paper, so you'd never be able to get those tiny little pieces to look right. You can probably cut out pieces of foam on your own to fit behind/under the circles to fill in the gaps. (I really hope this makes sense! If not, I can try to show examples with pictures when I get home.)

But in short, ignore any parts that are outside the printable range if you're doing a foam build. They're the "extra" pieces that you won't need for the build. But if you're doing paper pep, find a proper paper pepakura file, and make sure you use all the pieces.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back