Captain America Shield (ENDGAME SPOILERS... turn back now)

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So did anyone notice that the Shield Steve gives Sam at the end of Endgame was a different prop? At a distance it looks the same but when they got close it had all this etched detail. After seeing it I was surprised that there were no threads on it.

A lot of great props in Endgame, but I can't wait for replicas of this!!!

Interesting. It does look a lot different.

I think Bucky should have gotten it first not Sam.

DF037CAE-CF4B-4B91-9613-35DD1487813E_zps4liqmr1o.png

Big fan of this new shield.

And I disagree, I think it's really good Sam got the shield. Buck has too much of a reputation of being a terrorist to get the shield just yet.

Besides, I imagine the Winter Soldier/Falcon series will be about the two of them trying to figure out what to do without Steve.

There is some interesting detail on the Star when you get a closer look. I kind of wonder if the Falcon/Winter Soldier series is really a Captain America series that they didn't want to announce before Endgame. I mean they want to announce the series, but were intentional vague about the content.

The shield almost looked like it could house some tech in the center. But ya definitely different.

I think Falcon was a good choice. Bucky is kind of more the Frank Castle vigilante than Captain America.

Except that Bucky was Cap before Sam was in the comics. That’s my only qualm with it.

The decision to hand the role over to Sam is more fitting to comics though. Bucky takes the role on when Steve dies (or didn't die? Comic-book dies? I can't remember exactly), while Sam was asked to be Cap by Steve.

Shucks, I thought this was a thread on the damaged shield lol.

The ONLY reason I see giving Bucky the shield over Sam is that Bucky does have a version of the Super Soldier Serum(it's what 80-90% equal to Cap?). I just don't see Sam being able to "perform" maybe, at the same level as Steve? I still loved seeing it passed to him and I don't disagree with Sam getting it. Also, I'm sure the line reversal between Steve and Bucky was because Bucky knew what Steve was going to do when he went back. Bucky also giving the nod to Sam to take the shield also makes me think he knew about that happening too.

Shucks, I thought this was a thread on the damaged shield lol.

The ONLY reason I see giving Bucky the shield over Sam is that Bucky does have a version of the Super Soldier Serum(it's what 80-90% equal to Cap?). I just don't see Sam being able to "perform" maybe, at the same level as Steve? I still loved seeing it passed to him and I don't disagree with Sam getting it. Also, I'm sure the line reversal between Steve and Bucky was because Bucky knew what Steve was going to do when he went back. Bucky also giving the nod to Sam to take the shield also makes me think he knew about that happening too.

I saw it again tonight and paid close attention to Bucky during that scene. He definitely knew what Steve was going to do. I imagine Steve pulled him aside sometime after the battle and before he got on the platform and told him everything.

I agree, Bucky is a better choice in terms of performance and strength - he matches Steve on almost every level. But Sam is the best choice to carry the title of Captain America.

I really liked the choice and am excited to see where this goes. I thought for sure Buckey was going to get it as they teased it in pretty much every CA movie he was in, he held the shield.

Yes the shield is different. The star inner lines are different and theres notches cut into the rings.

Anybody have decent reference photos of the shield he carries during the battle with Thanos? It seems to look different than his other shields but I'm unsure whether the stripes and star are metallic or white

Anybody have decent reference photos of the shield he carries during the battle with Thanos? It seems to look different than his other shields but I'm unsure whether the stripes and star are metallic or white

It's a bit difficult to tell. If they used the same one that Tony gave him earlier, it should be metallic, but it does look quite white.

cap3.PNG
cap2.PNG

In the scene where he fights with himself, I'm pretty sure it was metallic. You'll see a bit of it in the video.

Here you can see it pretty well when he lifts Thor's Hammer.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    600.9 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Well, now I’m REALLY curious what the new shield can do. The new “details” seem like they might be sections that hide new tech or separate for some hidden purpose. Either way, the spaces along the silver ring of the shield seem to be too specific to not be hiding something and I can’t wait to see what that is.
91A1F2B6-A595-4F57-8A0D-B4A3FC2938AB.jpeg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back