Captain America Shield Completed

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sentry02

I got a shield blanks from Phebert and I must say that I love this shield. It is well detailed and nice and smooth to work with. Very easy to paint and weather. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Just figured I would share some of my progress shots from the build. I didn't get paint stages from every section, but here is enough I think to give you the general idea. I learned a valuable lesson in that protective enamel is a huge pain to work with on metal when you're using latex masking fluid. :)

For the weathering, I used latex masking fluid, a small amount of sandpaper (hardly any at all and most just in the center star area), black acrylic wash, brown acrylic wash, and then airbrushing.

Hope you like it!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.