Interest Captain America Screen Printed Fabric **Now With Sample Photos** Taking Deposits

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update 7/27: We are now taking deposits. Final pricing has gone down from $595 to $425! The $300 is due by August 6th

Update 7/24: Photos of the samples!

FB_IMG_1469391723838_zpsjoo2kkvw.jpg

FB_IMG_1469391727102_zpscaeauucr.jpg

FB_IMG_1469391730426_zpspyfhmjfi.jpg

The fabric has been color-matched to a production swatch

Hey everyone! Robbie ( starlordquill ) and I have been talking to someone about getting a run of fabric for Cap's Civil War suit going.
The fabric will be printed by a company that holds a Marvel license and has been printing Spider-Man and Deadpool fabric for a while now.

Please only express interest if you are financially able to jump in. This will be a full stretch fabric with the accurate 3D screen printed texture and will therefore have a decent cost attached. We're still working on the exact figure (since it depends upon how many people sign up) but we don't expect it to be over $85-90 per sheet at the most for the printing (possibly lower). We are pricing the base fabric.

In addition, White Sheep Leather (https://www.facebook.com/whitesheep.leather/?fref=ts) is willing to sew suits for anyone that can't themselves. They quoted that it would be in the $180-200 range. That also includes the soft shell fabric where needed. Stars can be added for a fee. They estimate that 4-5 sheets of the blue and 1/2 sheet of each the red and white will be needed. Presumably the same fabric can be used for the Age of Ultron and The Winter Soldier suits as well.

There's a few other options that we will be adding later as upgrades to their base suit (shoulder bells, rubber accents, etc).

Here's a few photos to show what we're talking about.

Close-up of the screen-used suit on display to show the texture of the fabric

13557897_1140133609379417_5923823970112955948_n.jpg

Render of the print design

13612317_10210138764575783_71862934313608837_n.jpg

Example of fabric

13599948_10210138765135797_2021176360141443907_n.jpg

Please post your interest here, or on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/RobGossettStudios/

We are looking for a minimum of 15-20 people interested to get started, and with more interest potentially comes a lower price for everyone. As it stands we have 8 or 9 people on the list. We are hoping to move forward in the next few weeks, so let us know quickly!

FB_IMG_1469391723838_zpsjoo2kkvw.jpg

FB_IMG_1469391727102_zpscaeauucr.jpg

FB_IMG_1469391730426_zpspyfhmjfi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Captain America Costume Fabric - Stretch 3D Screen Print

Just as an FYI. If you get it sewn by Whitesheep, without the optional addons, it'll run in the $8-900 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4d7584299b3ba2b1a2db08620f9176cc.jpg
369a367cbfa332c685c44d7960d77c42.jpg
e684eaddf058f9039f5c19c50d8d5424.jpg

Hopefully those come out a tad higher res

Just a quick update, we went ahead and fronted the cash to have the screens made so we can get samples done

Here's the final pricing as well!

Each sheet of fabric (blue, red, and white) will run $85. They are 24"x36".

We have a special deal set up with White sheep Leather to sew the suits and ship them out for $175 total ($120+$55 shipping). This is totally optional. This includes just the suit without chest star. I believe their price for a metal star (AoU version) is $25 (I'll confirm).

Final count (based on Whitesheep's estimates) would be
5 sheets of blue- $425
1 sheet white- $85
1 sheet red- $85

Totaling $595 + shipping to Whitesheep

Shipping to Whitesheep (TBD)

Once we ship to Whitesheep you will contact them via their Facebook page to pay and give measurements.

I believe their price for a metal star (AoU version) is $25 (I'll confirm).

We are still determining pricing for our upgrade pack (rubber parts including shoulder pads, shoulder rings, chest starburst, and the "metal" ab pieces) and when we'll have them available (most will be plug and play if you do yourself, or Whitesheep can add them if we finish them in time)

Payments will be broken up into 2 separate pieces for the fabric (Whitesheep's is a 3rd separate payment).
50% deposit due by July 15th
And 50% + shipping to Whitesheep due roughly 2-3 weeks later when the fabric is finished.

We need at least 12 people to make the run happen and right now we have 3 confirmed.

Thanks everyone!

That's pretty awesome man! Out of curiosity if no interest arises for Cap perhaps Black Panther may be a way to go....:)Just a thought. Awesome work I am glad to see people are now making the fabric for those do it yourselfers!!!!

That's pretty awesome man! Out of curiosity if no interest arises for Cap perhaps Black Panther may be a way to go....:)Just a thought. Awesome work I am glad to see people are now making the fabric for those do it yourselfers!!!!

We've gotten some interest in a couple Cap costuming groups on Facebook. And Black Panther fabric may be in the works [emoji6]

Hi!
I have sewn a Cap "Smithsonian" suit before, and I am thinking about making Civil War/AOU as my next project. I have very little experience in sewing stretch fabric, just out of curiousity, how stretchy is the fabric? Is it 2-way stretch or 4-way stretch? Is it possible to get a small sample for testing before committing to anything?

Hi!
I have sewn a Cap "Smithsonian" suit before, and I am thinking about making Civil War/AOU as my next project. I have very little experience in sewing stretch fabric, just out of curiousity, how stretchy is the fabric? Is it 2-way stretch or 4-way stretch? Is it possible to get a small sample for testing before committing to anything?

I'll get with you on all that in a bit!

Hello everyone, I will now reveal myself as the screen printer of this particular run

B1LJ8DB.png

qxRoGBi.jpg

L39GdhI.jpg

I have color matched the texture to the production swatch.

Re: Captain America Screen Printed Fabric **Now With Sample Photos**

Update! We are now taking deposits. Final pricing has gone down from $595 to $425! The $300 is due by August 6th.

and does this include the non screen printed blue fabric for the ares that are not..well screen printed lol like the star area and what not.?
For red, white, and blue yes. I have a swatch of production pieces so the textures will be color matched.

That area is printed as well on the production suit. It is just a darker shade.

Edit: We are looking into the added cost for printing these pieces, but as of right now White Sheep will be providing that when making the suits as non-printed

Last edited:

and does this include the non screen printed blue fabric for the ares that are not..well screen printed lol like the star area and what not.?

Just the printed textures, the non screen printed areas are not included.

Are you interested in being in the run?

yup i am actually talking to Kevin right now lol so i guess its my eye or just lack of knowledge of the fabric but i thought the part in red that i marked was just the fabric "unpuffed" and was wondering if it was included as it would be needed to complete this suit but Kevin mentioned its the same screen printed fabric just a different color?
e684eaddf058f9039f5c19c50d8d5424.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back