Captain America paint colour advice - UK Builder

9erssteve

Hi, Looking for some paint advice from UK based prop makers. Currently about to paint up my Captain America Civil War helmet and looking for some colour advice. Are there any shades of blue that UK builders would recommend? Had been planning to airbrush it, but my air brush is pretty light weight, fine for weathering etc but not sure it's up to a full helmet. So for speed and convenience I'm thinking car paint in spray/rattle cans is the way to go. Any advice or tips people have would be much appreciated and I'll add some WIP photos here as soon as I get home so you can all see where I'm at with the build so far.
Thanks in advance,

Unsure of UK availability but I used Angelus acrylic leather paints to repaint my cat toys Captain America helmet and was really pleased how it turned out. I used a cheap brush set I picked up from Amazon but have heard other recommend makeup sponges for an even application. The first two coats of navy had a slight purple hue to it but a third coat got rid of it.

For colors I used their Navy, black, dark brown, light brown, tan, and silver for everything from the main color of the helmet, "leather" trim (molded as part of the main helmet on mine), and re-color of the chin cup and strap. I also used a "matte finsiher" by the same brand to kill the sheen.

Attachments

• rpf profile.jpg
    rpf profile.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back