Captain America Movie Vehicles: The Hyrda Mega-Tank

glorbes

Captain America is probably one of my favorite comic book movies to date. One of the reasons I love it so much is the explosion of tech design – the retro-futuristic gizmos and vehicles developed for the film are just fantastic:

Marvel’s Captain America (2011) | danielsimon

I’ve begun working out some ideas for the monster Hydra tank. I plan on making it functional for the 1/18th scale action figures, but about ½ scale from what is shown in the film (I drew up a properly scaled template and its just too friggin’ big). I’m thinking the treads will be about 6 or 7” tall, and the overall length will be about 25”, which should give it an impressive scale without requiring another wing added to the house.

Anyone else as enamored with this silly movie as I am? I’d love to see some of this stuff converted into merchandise…the toy line for the movie is really crappy, which is frustrating considering how awesome these design would translate into toys and play sets. But a high end model kit of these vehicles would be incredible.

Agreed - daniel simon's work is amazing. I would love to see these and the tron designs turned into kits. The problem is that the movie didn't feature the designs enough for them to become iconic, the director just blew straight past them.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my 3 3/4 figure too. Have you made any progress on yours?

Haven't touched it.

I actually made the paper templates for the tank tread frame based on the conceptual design drawings I could find...and the size this thing would be at roughly 1:18 scale scared the crap out of me.

Haven't touched it.

I actually made the paper templates for the tank tread frame based on the conceptual design drawings I could find...and the size this thing would be at roughly 1:18 scale scared the crap out of me.

I saw your pirate ship build. I think you'll be fine =). I'm actually going to build a 1:18 scaled version of Tony Stark's workshop/garage from Iron Man 2. Going to finish that before I tackle anything related to the tank.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back