dallinkjones

Wanted to share my Captain America First Avenger cosplay. I love the chase scene right after Steve gets the serum and the foreshadowing of wielding his shield by holding up the Lucky Star taxi door. I found some helpful posts here on therpf (specifically this one) and decided to build my own door.

A friend and I had decided to go to a con a year ahead of time and both needed to get in better shape for our costumes--this actually proved quite effective! The prospect of needing to dress up like a superhero combined with having a friend to be accountable to really helped and I was happy that I was able to put on some muscle and get in shape in the year leading up to the con.

Door was made from styrofoam and paper mâché with lots of sanding and detailed dremel tool work. The "glass" pane of the door is a plastic sheet from a box of costco muffins. I found the handles on ebay for a decent price. When I wore this at the con I went to, I decided to wear some chacos as the footwear since they appear a bit more tactical than flip flops but still expose most of the foot (in the original scene he is barefoot). However once I got there I ended up just taking the chacos off and walking around barefoot. My feet were filthy by the end of the day but it was worth it--having bare feet is a really big part of getting the iconic look imo.

The shirt was an off white small shirt from H&M and the pants were cropped and hemmed to make them look too short.

The costume was a success and I'm happy to say I was the only one that I saw who dressed up as that version of Steve!
CapFinal01.JPG
Cap03 2.JPG

Attachments

• Cap03 2.JPG
    Cap03 2.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 132
  • CapFinal01.JPG
    CapFinal01.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 209
  • CapFinal02.JPG
    CapFinal02.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
  • CapFinal03.JPG
    CapFinal03.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1675.JPG
    IMG_1675.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1676.JPG
    IMG_1676.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1679.JPG
    IMG_1679.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1739.JPG
    IMG_1739.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1740.JPG
    IMG_1740.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1752.JPG
    IMG_1752.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1859.JPG
    IMG_1859.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1860.JPG
    IMG_1860.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1861.MOV
    32 MB
Long story long, my wife was showing me a singer, youtuber/spotify, named Livingston. In one particular angle he reminded me of someone and it finally clicked it was a pic in the Adam Warlock build. So I dug through the 3 websites I frequent, found it (hint, it was you when your hair was at its peak wildness) and then noted you did Captain America too, which I had seen before but didn't associate the two. So I am reading this one again and I somehow caught on this time that you worked out to get to this build/physique. So, late but not past the 3 year warning for reposts, what was the magic? Did you get specific with diet, supplements, type of training, circuits, duration? Anything you specifically avoided? Did you do muscle pump exercises (Think Hans and Franz) on the day of the pics? We have a couple weight loss threads going too, currently, but I would be grateful if you elaborated here or in the weight topic threads.

I’d be happy to elaborate more on what I did to get in shape. And yes, I definitely got a pump in right before these photos to help boost my size. What weight loss thread are you referring to? I could post more there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back