Captain America Endgame costume

oldgojira

I'm pretty sure I did a thorough job of searching the forums, but I could not locate any threads on what people are finding to be the best Captain America Endgame costumes they have picked up. Looking for a fairly accurate one without going insane on money and I'm interested in what people have found.

Thanks!

-OG

A guy I follow on Instagram, can't remember his name now. Always suggests White Sheep Leather.

All their Cap costumes are really high quality. I'm personally looking at getting the STRIKE Stealth Suit from Winter Soldier. CaptainofAus has one and it looks incredible.

White Sheep Leather and Leather Fashion Valley are pretty comparable. LFV should be making their endgame suit available soon. The scaling on the WSL suit is heavily screen-printed separate boxes, which disappointed some, just FYI. I think it still looks great and photographs well.

My endgame suit is WSL and my stealth is LFV. Between the two the fabrics are pretty identical, WSL is more popular and usually has a better turn time while I prefer the LFV tailoring and some of the details they put into the pattern. If you're on Instagram, I'm @skoehler89 and have some pictures posted. @captain_of_oz has a bunch of different LFV suits and @leftcoastavenger and @thedarkavenger531 both have used WSL extensively; all three are really nice guys and put out quality cap-related content.

Cool, thanks for the info. I've found a suit that looks like it was made by "Manles" that seems pretty good. I reached out to LFV to see when the endgame outfit is available as I'd like to get this together by Halloween.

Hey guys! Just wondering if you had any success with the Manles costume or if you went with the LFV or Whitesheepleather. I’m looking to upgrade my cosplay from the AOU Cap to Endgame and I would like to be as screen accurate as possible without dropping $1200. Thanks in advance!

Picked Up the LFV Endgame Cap suit, very pleased with result, it took about a month from order to arrival. Also it doesn't come with any accessories.
download_20191121_180317.jpg

I'm gonna go with wsl for my base suit but I just don't think the leather accessories look quite right. Any suggestions for where else to get them?

I'm gonna go with wsl for my base suit but I just don't think the leather accessories look quite right. Any suggestions for where else to get them?
I got my belt/harness set from Wayne Factory on etsy and then darkened them to my liking. PropsNStudio was the gold standard among a few Cap groups I'm in for a while but their store has been on hiatus for a while. 3GeekDesigns (via Facebook or IG) also do runs every so often and are probably more screen accurate than Wayne Factory but less readily available.

Here's my Endgame suit
Base suit from WSL, ab tabs and urethane star burst from 3GeekDesigns, gloves from LFV, weathering and scale accents done by me. I can go into more detail on how I did that if anyone's interested.

Endgame suit.jpg

I'm looking at upgrading my current suit any ideas I was looking at upgrading the fabric e.g. the scale blue any ideas or input thanks

Attachments

• 20200118_110039.jpg
    20200118_110039.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 1,478
  • FB_IMG_1577178717194.jpg
    FB_IMG_1577178717194.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 1,085
I got my belt/harness set from Wayne Factory on etsy and then darkened them to my liking. PropsNStudio was the gold standard among a few Cap groups I'm in for a while but their store has been on hiatus for a while. 3GeekDesigns (via Facebook or IG) also do runs every so often and are probably more screen accurate than Wayne Factory but less readily available.

Here's my Endgame suit
Base suit from WSL, ab tabs and urethane star burst from 3GeekDesigns, gloves from LFV, weathering and scale accents done by me. I can go into more detail on how I did that if anyone's interested.

View attachment 1243361
Your suit looks amazing! I'd like to know more about how you have done it...

Your suit looks amazing! I'd like to know more about how you have done it...

Weathering:
I used black shoe polish (paste not liquid) - Amazon.com: Kiwi Black Shoe Polish, 1-1/8 oz.: Shoes
I have a kit I've had since high school which has an applicator and buffing brush. I would load up the applicator brush, transfer to the buffing brush and basically scrub it onto the suit and accessories where desired, emphasizing the abs, seams, etc. To smooth out any heavy spots and really get into the crevices I used a damp microfiber cloth. Really made a difference on the white strips on the abs as the texture tended to grab clumps and gave it an appearance of too many highs/lows. I will say after having done it it's not completely permanent and have experienced some light transfer, mostly from the seat of my pants, so just keep that in mind.

Scales:
Angelus Leather paint, silver - Amazon.com: Angelus Leather Paint 4 Oz Silver
Angelus paints are overall pretty solid but the silver has a tendency to be really thin and doesn't cover nearly was well as any other color I've used.
When i ordered my suit I asked WSL for some extra scaled fabric to potentially redo the shoulder bells but the OEMs were better than I expected. They did include this fabric for free, which was nice, and I was able to use it as a testing area for adding the silver. After some trial and error I got a good feel for dry brushing the silver on each individual scale with a dabbing motion. I know that's not great for brushes but I just have some cheap ones I got on amazon so I wasn't too worried. I would load up the brush with a mild amount of paint, dab the paint on a row until the brush was mostly depleted and then gently brush back and forth of the whole row. I was really pleased with the end result giving it a nice even sheen that provides a good depth effect without going for molded urethane sheets, which I know are becoming available for getting closer to screen accuracy.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions or would like to see specific detail photos.

Here's my Endgame suit

View attachment 1243361
Awesome Cap suit bro! Looking to get a WSL suit as well with HurleyFX upgrades (i.e. star burst, shoulder bells, scales) and have a Jordan's Ironic Armory helmet. Still looking for the other accessories (i.e. belt, harness, and gloves)--the ones you have are great, but do you know of any other ones you'd recommend that don't cost more than the suit? Also, which WSL suit did you get? There's a $299, $380, and $799 one on their website. Last question, what boots/gaiters are you rocking? Thanks man.

Awesome Cap suit bro! Looking to get a WSL suit as well with HurleyFX upgrades (i.e. star burst, shoulder bells, scales) and have a Jordan's Ironic Armory helmet. Still looking for the other accessories (i.e. belt, harness, and gloves)--the ones you have are great, but do you know of any other ones you'd recommend that don't cost more than the suit? Also, which WSL suit did you get? There's a $299, $380, and $799 one on their website. Last question, what boots/gaiters are you rocking? Thanks man.
My WSL suit is their "textured stretch fabric" which I believe is the $380 option but it's hard to tell from the pictures currently on their site. Both WSL and Leather fashion valley have made recent improvements to their accessories. If I were buying today I'd probably go with LFV for everything. The only thing I don't love on the suit is the rubber start vs. the metal. I have a stealth suit from them and it's much more form-fitting with less slack than the WSL. My gloves and gaiters are also from LFV and I've been very pleased with them. For boots under the gaiters I wear a pair of combat-style boots I bought at Walmart that are branded "Interceptors".

It looks like both WSL and LFV have a more affordable option for many of these suits (around $380) and then a premium option (around $700-800.)

Main differences between them?

Looks like there are faux leather or real leather upgrades too?

It looks like both WSL and LFV have a more affordable option for many of these suits (around $380) and then a premium option (around $700-800.)

Main differences between them?

Looks like there are faux leather or real leather upgrades too?
I know you posted this question a while ago but the difference between the base and premium options are the fabrics. The premium options are screen-printed lycra which provide a texture most similar to the screen-used suits while the base options are a non-printed stretch fabric. The base material has some texture to it but not to visible extent on of the screen-printed lycra. I've only owned suits in the base material so I can't speak to the wearability or durability of that stuff but the base "texture stretch" fabric is very comfortable and breathable compared to some other options out there from places like Manles or Cosplaysky.

Hello,

has anyone ordered the WSL end game suit (newer version) and requested no scales/shoulders to make the HurleyFX install easier?

Hello,

has anyone ordered the WSL end game suit (newer version) and requested no scales/shoulders to make the HurleyFX install easier?
Yeah, I did. I got the screen printed lycra one last year and did just that.

If you have any questions about the process il be more than happy to answer them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back