Captain America costume help!!

Tygambit

Hey guys, I have decided I will
Be creating a captain America costume. But I need help and ideas on how and where to start it. I have a few ideas in my head, and I know what materials I wanna use, just have to find it. So when I start, where do I start? I plan on making a jacket style, but put the zipper in the back, and it'll be covered up by the straps. Also wanna make a 2 piece design, so I can tuck it in my pants and my belt will hide that's line. My question is, when I start my top, is it best to tailor a shirt to fit me right first, and sew my patterns on top of this? Or just easier and sew my fabric and basically make a brand new shirt, without sewimg on top of another? Thanks in advance

Check out other build threads. Search 'Captain America' in the search bar. A great thread is SMPdesigns build thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232864

Most builds make the top two parts: a vest and an undershirt with the sleeves. I'm working on mine now and I made a duct tape dummy and drew the design on it. I cut it up and used that as my pattern.

Thanks for that! What a great thread!! I have one last question. I understand the 2 part piece now. The ab part, will it attach to the vest along with the chest, or will it be on the under shirt with the sleeves?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back