Captain America: Civil War

I've decided to start a Captain America: Civil War build. My first obstacle is color. All the colors in this are very, very dark. I'm using Navy for the blue. Looking through all the pictures, I went with a Burgundy for the red.

My question now is: should I use white or silver? I can't find an off-white which would be a little more matching in tone in the Cordura/Pack Cloth fabrics I'd like to use. So I was debating just using a silver. Any thoughts?

They aren't as dark as you would think, it's the same color and material as the AOU suit. I used a Navy on my AOU build and it turned out a little too dark. You probably want to go with something a little lighter than standard Navy.

Here is one of the set photos that I saw and was basing my choices off of:

Dark Cap.jpg

Here is the fabric I got:

IMG_1700.jpg

But like you said, I've seen brighter versions. Especially in this toy:
Toy Cap.jpg

I'm not sure which route to go. Navy/Burgundy/Silver or Light Grey or Royal Blue/Red/White (Or the white instead of the silver in the first option)

Here is a side by side shot of the color options:
IMG_1703.jpgIMG_1705.JPG
The first is Navy Stretch, Navy Cordura, Burgundy Cordura, and Silver Cordura. The second is Royal Blue Stretch, Royal Blue Cordura, Red Cordura, and White Cordura.

I'm really torn between the two. Mixing and matching is also a possibility. All the civil war set pics really look dark, like the first color set. The AoU was definitely a little brighter, like the second color set.

Thoughts?

edit: oh and below is some of the vinyl I have. A navy blue and red. Civil war version wouldn't use red. But If I get the itch to make an AoU….

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 133
Thanks all! I think I'm going to give the AoU version a go with the brighter colors (using the navy stretch instead of the royal blue for the chest parts) and use the darker colors for the Civil War suit. I'll be able to compare suits when done!

As for where I got the fabric:

The vinyl was ordered from TheFabricExchange via Amazon.

The navy and royal blue "stretch" is SunScreen50™ Lightweight 4-way Stretch Poly/Lycra Wickaway Fabric from Rockywoods.com

The navy, royal blue, and red is 500 Denier Cordura from Rockywoods.com

The burgundy is 500 Denier Cordura I found on eBay. I'd have to go find the seller if you are interested.

The white and silver are 400 Denier Packcloth from Rockywoods.com

Thanks all! I think I'm going to give the AoU version a go with the brighter colors (using the navy stretch instead of the royal blue for the chest parts) and use the darker colors for the Civil War suit. I'll be able to compare suits when done!

As for where I got the fabric:

The vinyl was ordered from TheFabricExchange via Amazon.

The navy and royal blue "stretch" is SunScreen50™ Lightweight 4-way Stretch Poly/Lycra Wickaway Fabric from Rockywoods.com

The navy, royal blue, and red is 500 Denier Cordura from Rockywoods.com

The burgundy is 500 Denier Cordura I found on eBay. I'd have to go find the seller if you are interested.

The white and silver are 400 Denier Packcloth from Rockywoods.com

Holy smokes, THANK YOU for sharing this info! I was going nuts trying to find a place to buy my fabric. Thank you!

Personally, I've used ponte for the torso areas in all of my AoU builds. It has stretch, good texture and it shows the sewn in pads quite well and allows for greater flex and movement for the wearer. I get mine from Spandex World in burgundy and off white. Also, btw, the burgundy matches the port cordura from Rockywoods perfectly.

http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/search/?k=Ponte

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back