Captain America Bucky Rescue WWII outfit.

THEMAN

captainlc2.jpg

captainlc.jpg

captainlc3.jpg

BUILD LIST
JACKET: LogansCloset.com ($650 as shown here, and there are plenty of other options for a little more or a little less) sales@loganscloset.com to handle orders until it goes up on the website very soon.
Goggles: AN-6530 replicas at whatpriceglory.com
Paratrooper Helmet(or appropriate parts): atthefront.com has good ones, but so do a few others
Paratrooper boots: a few places have these for around $120ish, those made by SMS out of Mexico are very accurate and well made
Leggings: can find vintage easily, but for larger legged folk atthefront.com has new 4R and 5R also
82nd style reinforced paratrooper trousers:
- atthefront.com(nice fit, only slightly big once hot washed and dried, you need to request the leg straps in the correct canvas for $10 extra=$85 total)
- have whatpriceglory.com reinforced versions right now, these are $75 with correct 82nd details/leg straps already, pants are very long fitting in crotch rise and leg, so definitely need hot wash hot dry to shrink length, waist is close to correct.
Suspenders: Standard 1936 suspenders, atthefront.com
General Purpose Carrying Strap: atthefront.com (2 needed if doing early rescue full suspender style)
2 Compass Pouches: atthefront.com
Map Case Strap: atthefront.com
Cartridge Belt:
Holster WW2 .45 with leg tie: Whatpriceglory.com has nice natural leather to start with
Paratrooper Gloves: atthefront.com are cow, whatpriceglory say theirs are horse as originals
Shield: this is the official Marvel Replica that was still available last year for ~$350
Shirt: scratch built, thick stretch material in Royal Blue

Just to compare to the OG outfit:
282905254.jpg

captain-america-first-avenger.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Captain America USO WWII outfit.

Awesome!
That looks really cool.:cool

I'm going to be working on the same costume (although I've collected a few of the pieces already)...

Where did you find some of the pieces? - I'm having a hard time finding the right goggles, the little leather strap across the 'brim' of the helmet, and a place to get the correct harness...

death - try here for the goggles... http://whatpriceglory.com/shopexd.asp?id=886&bc=no

Most of the harness and ammo belt stuff you can find on atthefront or on ebay, just need to get the right combo of gear to make it all together. Its made from all legit WWII gear, Map pouches and strap, cartridge belt stuff, suspenders...then you have to custom some stuff together with extra D-rings.
For the helmet, you will need to get stuff to change it over to the paratrooper hardware, that will come with the leather strap you need as well as all tha a-strap and other pieces.

Last edited:

Looks awesome, are you going to weather the costume at all? i think it would look even better if you weather the web gear and jacket a little.

Looks great. I'm doing a helmet for myself too. I really like the WW2 costume. I've got the goggles (from the same place as you) and the airborne liner....just need to pick up a nice M1 :)

Nope, you have to go full-on reinforced paratrooper 82nd style for the trousers to be legit, you can tell by Cap's leg strap that was the style they used for his outfit.

Thanks Frosty!
Here are a few more casual shots for when I don't need the whole rig on...
captaincasual.jpg

captaincasual3.jpg

captaincasual2.jpg

Looks awesome... I have been looking for the WW II jump boots and gloves...

Very impressive

Freakin cool! I like the zipper, never knew it zipped offset like that. Great job, its gonna look rad with the weathering

thanks fellas... the outfit will debut at DragonCon this week, sadly I won't be there to enjoy it this year, but a fellow member will be sporting the outfit and is even marching in the parade...
I think he actually fits the part better than I do, so it should go over pretty well.
Next I'll have it out at NYCC in Oct.

Coach - got my boots on ebay, really accurate, I'll try to grab the vendor for you. The gloves I got the same place as the goggles, whatpriceglory...but atthefront and others do have that same style also.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back