Captain America Auction comes to Chicago...full catalogue on line.

I fully agree with Tardis' description of the auction.

This was my first auction ever, so it was a huge help that it was run so well. I managed to get Dr. Zola's Monitor, which actually surprised the heck out of me as it went way quicker than I thought.

5987798766_de81da76ea.jpg

In talking with some of the guys from PiH, it appears Marvel had originally given them a *ton* of stuff, but they filtered it down to only things they could conclusively prove were screen used. I think that's part of the reason we didn't see 200 shields and hydra uniforms.

Now that the initial shock has worn off I can't wait to get my monitor and set it up on display in my apartment!

Well I'll tell you the truth and I'm sure Profiles wouldn't mind me saying this since it was said in public.

Marvel sent them the stuff. It was Joe we can thank for asking them to put the lots together with weapons etc. Apparently after production all the stuff was thrown into big bins and sorted later, so many of the things like guns etc. could have been used by anyone on production.

Some of the stuff was probably in better condition than others. They did us a favor by sorting thru the items and making them complete and not mixing distressed with good condition stuff. Apparently all the stuff is tagged too, and certainly I saw names in boots so the costumes probably do as well.

I also based my buying on some of the costume cards. They did cut real costumes up to make them.

I got the flashlight lot. But was a little surprised to find out the shipping invoice on them . 68$ shipping for 2 flashlights...... Would of rather pay'd the ILL state tax. Otherwise the auction was a blast.... Joe and the crew from profiles were top notch and very friendly... Hope they bring back a auction in the future.

It was a blast watching it on the net from the UK. Stayed up til 4am and bid on a few bits. Didn't win anything though.
The lots were ideal for such a high class operation. They should run a 'seconds' auction of the other lots. Damaged? So what. No certificate? Who cares. Plenty of people will want to bid on it regardless.

Am I off base in thinking that they are asking too much for some of the minor props? Like $100 for the peanut packets from the expo?

Worse, those bags went for nearly $400 (probably close to $500 by the time you add-in PIH's % plus S/H).

Everything I was interested in went for a good 4X over the estimate.

Oh well ...

Interesting on the shipping.

Anybody heard when the stuff is coming to us. Im glad I didn't buy a motorbike at the auction. After being told I could pick it up in Chicago next day....next day that changed.

Mark, I just got a call from Box Bros saying that they've got my lots packed up and ready to go. So it looks like they're on it.

My package is due in on Thursday. Can't wait to see them on the mannequins.

Saw the Stark coveralls already on eBay...

So whats coming? My stuff is scheduled for Friday.

Hmm...on that ebay auction interesting to see the HERO OVERALLS costume tag.

Last edited:
So on Friday I got a call from Profiles with the sad news that the large glass screen of Zola's Monitor had shattered during shipping. So it looks like I won't be getting my first screen used prop yet after all.

Got Buckey POW and the Inn Keeper costumes today...

COA were trashed and will have to be replaced. Bad idea putting them under the gun...

Working on the mannequins this weekend!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back