Captain America Auction comes to Chicago...full catalogue on line.

What was pulled? Boy I hate it when they do that!

Also, I suppose everyone noticed that the promo shield on ebay went for $20,100. What does that say about the chances of 'normal people' getting much of anything in the Profiles auction?

The cheapest thing they have is one of the cheesy plastic shields starting at like $200 I think. normal people couldn't touch the action IMHO.

I cannot go can need one take pictures of the Helmet C.A. and Red Skull gun if need one can , PLEASE

CLOSE-UP PICTURES !

Fernando

Am I off base in thinking that they are asking too much for some of the minor props? Like $100 for the peanut packets from the expo? Or $400 for posters in the background?

Anyone want to go in for one of the lots? I'm diggin' the hydra rifle magazines and the USO costumes. (Thos'll probably go through the roof.)

So with the Captain America auction this weekend which is my first official engagement so to speak, a few changes come with it.

First up we will have a twitter feed, and posting pictures and prices from the event so feel free to sign up @propstop1

Secondly of course we have the facebook page. Please feel free to get updates directly from there too: http://www.facebook....294?ref=tn_tnmn

and thirdly we have the results of the logo competition early next week which will be used on all my COA's going forward and lots more news about the site which is growing every month. Exciting things are coming......

I'd like to thank everyone for their previous nice comments and hope you enjoy the hard work.

Oh...and if anyone wants to talk props and costumes at C2E2 come and find me. I'll have a nice suit on....probably. Be nice to have a get together don't you think?

uploading my pics as we speak. The cosmic cube was amazing in person, really beautiful. Insane how much the hero suit went for.

Enjoy.

C2E2 2012 Captain America Auction - a set on Flickr

7083340231_cf64b7c18b_z.jpg

Full review....videos...photos...at thepropstop.

Here is a photo of the room!

First up I love auctions. They are a great place to network with others, watch people and learn new strategies.

They are also annoying, slow, boring and frustrating if your not into the items or the underbidder. After winning four lots out of 219 clearly I’m in the first category.

As I have said in posts and interviews this auction was all about the shields and i think blinded people to the other wonderful lots. Also without a shadow of a doubt if your spending money at an event you really must go to the pre-sale viewing. For instance this shield was much nicer in real life….of course its the trash can lid but it showed much nicer in person….as did the taxi door which was very cool in person.

The other nice shield was the one with the USO damaged leather jacket outfit. Probably the nicest version of that one too.

Lots that I initially pooh pooed looked amazing in person…sometimes the fabric just doesn’t photograph well or in the case of the mace from Thor just looked so much better in real life!

Profiles in history rocked C2E2 with a gorgeous display of bikes, props and costumes. As has been reported the safety and logistics prevented the Hydra tank from appearing but it didn’t matter. Various staff members were on hand to help people with questions and show the props off to convention attendees at C2E2.

Another great addition was a representative of Box bros shipping company that really helped customers decide on what items they could potentially have shipped. Fong Sam of Profiles said that the bikes were palatalized for the event so that will save some potential buyers a great deal of money.

Many props looked much more impressive in person. For instance I nearly won a Hydra cycle purely because they looked so nice in person! I’m sure the cost on these vehicles for production were substantially more than the cost to own at the auction!

The two comics raffles were completed with One of the winners coming in the room about 10 minutes into the sale. Thanks for taking the time to chat Linda…the winner.

Then the auction began and the auctioneer did a great job of keeping things moving, even though the bids online did slow things down occasionally. All in all it worked really well.

One small group of three at the front of the room were doing very well….two Hydra bikes, a Harley, the tank….the list went on. I called them the “Terminators”….because if they wanted it….they sure got it!

The shields clearly took a lions share of the attention. So many smaller lots seemed to go to my mind for very reasonable prices. A discussion on prices is kind of pointless but I feel the howling commando costumes went really cheap, as did a majority of the weapon type items. Red skull props went high…Hugo Weaving’s costumes seemed very expensive…. as did the Hydra guards with rifles…which seemed to almost all sell to one buyer.

Other items like The motorbikes went cheap..the hydra bikes two of which sold to one bidder in the room.

Some attendees who seemed like new entrants to prop collecting won a few items. One girl dressed as Thor tried to win several of the props from the Ken Branagh directed movie and eventually won the final lot of the day. We all clapped for her!

Another gentleman dressed as USO rescue Captain America reportedly really wanted the monkey drawing notebook and sadly was outbid. I think we felt sorry for him because he was clearly a fan and his costume very, very close to the original one!

So what were some of the bargains I have been asked. Okay…get ready to weep.

Well since you asked nicely here is one of them. Considering the other items prices I was very pleased to win something actually used by The Red Skull....aka Mr Weaving.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back