Captain America Auction comes to Chicago...full catalogue on line.

If only I had a million bucks to spend... that Mk2 suit, Cap hero costume, and motorcycle would look amazing in my house :)

Only 4 shields for sale?

That's disappointing. Looks like they are trying to get tons.of money for the 4 because they have about 50 shields in their possession.

Plus one hydra costume? They have about 200 in stock.

Here is a photo for RPF members from inside the catalog before it is released. As of this post, the PDF is not online at PIH or anywhere else.

Cube.jpg

A few more before photos before the PDF is up can be found right now at MoviePropCollectors.com

Only 4 shields for sale?

That's disappointing. Looks like they are trying to get tons.of money for the 4 because they have about 50 shields in their possession.

Plus one hydra costume? They have about 200 in stock.

Math is not my best subject but I think I saw about 11 shields, not 4, if you include the costumes with shields. There appears to be 6 Hydra soldier costumes, not 1. If you count the Dr. Zola Hydra costumes then that would be 9 or 10 I think. The one with the flamethrower is cool, as are the Hydra vehicles and weapons.

I really like how PIH and Marvel grouped together complete costumes with all of the elements instead of breaking them up in components .

Forgot to mention I was pleasantly surprised they have the Iron Man Mark 2 full autopsy costume . I don't believe anything like it has ever been offered to the public for auction.

Sounds like Marvel wanted to do something special for the fans by giving it to PIH for the auction. :thumbsup

Forgot to mention I was pleasantly surprised they have the Iron Man Mark 2 full autopsy costume . I don't believe anything like it has ever been offered to the public for auction.

Sounds like Marvel wanted to do something special for the fans by giving it to PIH for the auction. :thumbsup

I agree! I'm happy that Marvel's doing this.

I would totally beg the winner of the Captain America suit to take hi-res photos and measurements of everything haha!

Good luck to anyone joining the auction! Hope you guys get what you want :)

Special for the fans by putting it in an auction????

Maybe they could have cut it up and given it to us as collectors cards.

Uh...no...that violates everything I have ever thought about stuff.

But seriously....there were 150 Hydra costumes made....thats a quote from the costume designer....

We have it on record that they had 50 or so shields...including the one on ebay now.

There were 100's of comic books made for the USO song sequence. We get one comic book.

Surely there was alot of room here to service the fans with multiple lots.....

That would have made the difference, but I do agree that putting items together was the right thing to do.

But seriously....there were 150 Hydra costumes made....thats a quote from the costume designer....

We have it on record that they had 50 or so shields...including the one on ebay now.

There were 100's of comic books made for the USO song sequence. We get one comic book.

Maybe Marvel has plans to re-use some of these items for a future movie? Or for their archive?

James

I received the Captain America catalog yesterday. The catalog is extremely well done and I couldn't put it down for a couple of hours! A great mix of items from Marvel and PIH did a fantastic job of assembling the them into some great reading/viewing material.

If I don't win anything from the auction, I will be happy just having the catalog!
James

I've always had a positive experience with Profiles, glad to see they're running this one.
I made an appointment a couple of days ago to view the collection when I'm out in SoCal later this month.

I think I NEED a Hydra suit!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back