Captain America Age of Ultron suit full suit ( W.I.P )

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by masked rider, Jun 5, 2015.

1. masked rider

masked rider Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey guys ,

Heres another suit that i would love to take challenge on , would always planning to do Captain America suit after the Winter Soldier . Starting on both suit but currently fully concentrate on the Avengers 2 AOU version . Might also starts on the CIVIL WAR suit as well very soon .

Here are pics of the suit , its just a rough start and this will not be the final as its still need to add on all the details such as the chest straps , stars , shoulder Avenger badge ... My buddy ( skylu3Design ) is the man to create all those details in 3D . Including the helmet as well . ;)

Pics of the rough pieces that my tailor put together . Suit material used on this suit was not accurate material that i want , this is just the first sample suit to make sure the pattern is correct . Targeting to have movie quality and accurate suit in final .

This is the stealth version suit . Just a rough tailor work , not final .....

[​IMG]

AUO C.A suit . Just rough tailor work to confirm the pattern , will change the suit material and add all the details on the final suit .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Iggy

Iggy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

These are looking really good. Will you have a run for these suits, or are these more personal builds?

3. third3ye

third3ye Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Awesome Leslee, glad you're taking on this project! Looking forward to your results. I'm in need of a couple parts for my AoU costume so may hit you up down the road as your build progresses.

4. masked rider

Thanks and glad that u like it. This is actually build for the passed AUO movie event, But time was too short....

Will see how this turn out as I'm aiming for the movie accurate quality suit. Will share more progress soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bro.. sure I will post more update soon . ;)

5. skylu3Design

skylu3Design Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My buddy is aiming to make everything perfect and looks great on the suit always.
    So here is what I have for 3D model progress right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and we plan to embed the texture to helmet 3d model, so here is what I have after few tried, looks like is getting what I wanted but pattern direction isn't like this.
    I'm going to remake the pattern to get much correct as movie like as I can :)

Cheers

GhostMinion and Shayne like this.
  6. Trademarked

Trademarked Member

When you finish the model design would you be able to augment the scale to print more than one size? I've been looking for a helmet for ages that could fit up to 24 1/2 ".

7. skylu3Design

I think we should be strike a good balance to fit more to common head size, but it doesn't mean 24.5" isn't in that range... some time is head shape depending also...

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, the previous C.A helmet model is a joke :p, I didn't take good care of some detailing and not wanting to go back and tweak every vertex(s).

I will be starting a new model now, and make it looks accurate as I can :)

[​IMG]

Cheers!

Transhuman325 likes this.
  8. skylu3Design

Little progress update for the helmet model, what I'm doing is sculpting the head in Zbrush to get the helmet shape turn good for wearing :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So next thing to do is to clean up the model :D
    Cheers!

9. skylu3Design

an update of the back part of the helmet is getting done :)

[​IMG]

Bogleo likes this.
  10. skylu3Design

The helmet model is about done now... After putting the tiny little texture to the model... I'm crying for fixing them to printable files :(

[​IMG]

Let's see what we getting when the prints came out :)

11. VinXero

VinXero Active Member

Will the helmet fit a 24" head? I am looking for a raw one.

12. skylu3Design

I guess we will able to know if fit after the cast and how the inner space go :)

13. skylu3Design

So we've got the prints back to us for helmet set. Impressed the textures are printed really nice :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So it's a two pieces part helmet model for easier to wear too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

thetwelfth likes this.
  14. Moseng

Moseng New Member

I have read the discussion of this thread. I am looking forward to more work like this.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  15. masked rider

16. vanfossen

vanfossen New Member

Your work is amazing! I have been looking for a print of this high quality for some time now. Would you ever consider posting the stl file?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    thetwelfth likes this.
  17. guiseagal

guiseagal New Member

Hi there, any chance of putting the 3d file for the helmet available for us? Planning on selling? Thanks.

18. MustangLoverMex

MustangLoverMex New Member

I'm interested in that stl file as well! Thanks for sharing it.