capped emitter on Obi AOTC sabre?

jediscout

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Franz Bolo has images from the Dressing the Galaxy exhibit that he's kindly letting me repost here.

I picked two I thought showed the weird capped emitter best. Why was the emitter changed for this sabre? Was it just a miscellaneous piece that fit so they stuck it on for the exhibit--was it an alternate version? It's not a bad addition, I just don't know why it's there.

Let me know--I think this was discussed a while ago, but I can't recall. Thanks.

[image]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/20/20300/folders/8919/1903471dressgaljscropFB01.jpg[/image]

[image]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/20/20300/folders/8919/1903472dressgaljscropFB02.jpg[/image]

Thanks--but any info/ideas as to why the additional metal piece on the emitter?

Or just a way of showing that Obi had been tweaking the sabre?

<div class='quotetop'>(lonepigeon @ May 22 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]1248886[/snapback]</div>
It was to be Obi-Wan's lightsaber at the beginning of ROTS.
He would loose it and replace it with the ANH style one.
[/b]

Hey Chris, does anyone know the mannor he was to lose it?

SCOUT... Email me :) orders@thesabervault.com

I think the prop dept just decided to make it a little different.
They don't seem to care much about in-universe reasoning.

JD - No idea what the story reason was for Obi losing his saber.

Only picture that shows it to my knowledge is this one:

larlarl7bx.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Primrodo @ May 22 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]1248913[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

I do remember seeing that pic before. Didn't know if anything leaked out...wonder if he was suppose to have lost it on that world where he fought Grevious....the part that showed Cody almost getting hit with it.

for padawan training. OBI built a training emitter suppresser. It will depress the plasma energy.
so the plasma blade will be safe when OBI put the suppresser on training ANAKIN. :D

1144.jpg

1142.jpg

1140.jpg

I have my own version of this part. It is little flat. I love it so much.

1137.jpg

1136.jpg

1130.jpg

1128.jpg

1132.jpg

surface looking.
1126.jpg

Inside looking.
1135.jpg

my collection for compare between three version.

1146.jpg

1147.jpg

1148.jpg

thank you, jediscout .

"why was the emitter changed for this lightsaber?" your question is great. I think of this for long time. and I have a story about training emitter suppresser then.

as this story. I add one reversion crystal and detail inside the suppresser. I love it.

now I have a great background story and one more OBI lightsaber for collection... thank you. :D

I also noticed from the pictures you posted that it looks like the base saber is a TPM hilt rather than the AOTC hilt. There are holes in the pommel cubes and the black O-ring is clearly visible below the emitter. Can't get a good read on the buttons, but they may or may not be flush with the saber instead of having the base beneath them.

Great sabers you got there Master Panda. I was wondering when you where going to showcase them. I saw them posted over at http://lightsaber.cside.com/indexf.html

<div class='quotetop'>(lesternessman @ Aug 6 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]1294892[/snapback]</div>
I also noticed from the pictures you posted that it looks like the base saber is a TPM hilt rather than the AOTC hilt. There are holes in the pommel cubes and the black O-ring is clearly visible below the emitter. Can't get a good read on the buttons, but they may or may not be flush with the saber instead of having the base beneath them.

Great sabers you got there Master Panda. I was wondering when you where going to showcase them. I saw them posted over at http://lightsaber.cside.com/indexf.html
[/b]

yes. It's OBI TPM based... :D

Fantastic work as always stormpath. :thumbsup

I love the inner details of the emitter cap. It shows real dedication to put so much detail into a section that isn't even seen. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Primrodo @ May 22 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]1248913[/snapback]</div>

larlarl7bx.jpg

[/b]

to me, that saber looks nothing like the TPM or ATOC sabers.

As Obi-Wan would say..."your eyes decieve you" ;)

You can see the emitter and bike valve, along with the black cut out area fairly well. That one IS the newer capped TPM Saber.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back