Interest Cap shield replica

There’s not many (if any) shield run threads.

Hit up the usually makers That posted earlier in this thread.
Shield labs.
Allan
Etc

ah yeah, i picked one up from Allan, great shield however the backside construction isnt accurate.

besides the King Arts, Marvel Masterworks and RelicMaker shields, i havent found any shield out there that has the right construction like these.

ah yeah, i picked one up from Allan, great shield however the backside construction isnt accurate.

besides the King Arts, Marvel Masterworks and RelicMaker shields, i havent found any shield out there that has the right construction like these.

I believe Allan has started making the correct back- I’m sure I saw him do a run on those last year
But there’s quite a few makers out there now doing it
I have several
Just no machines star

I believe Allan has started making the correct back- I’m sure I saw him do a run on those last year
But there’s quite a few makers out there now doing it
I have several
Just no machines star

really?

huh... ive been looking for quite some time for makers that have the screen accurate machining but to no avail.

i picked up a prototype shield from Allan a few weeks ago and he wasnt able to reproduce the same construction as the 3 i mentioned, only was able to machine in the circular grooves but no actual lipped border.

i also LOVE the padded grips from RelicMakers... incredibly nice touch!

if you could point me to any other makers that are machining these screen correct backings that would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• DSC01607-01.jpeg
    DSC01607-01.jpeg
    573.6 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC01630-01.jpeg
    DSC01630-01.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 213
found these images of the prototype shield... really interesting details/construction on the back side!

Attachments

• 31190367_3.jpg
    31190367_3.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 31190367_4.jpg
    31190367_4.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 31190367_5.jpg
    31190367_5.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 190
  • 31190367_8.jpg
    31190367_8.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 31190367_7.jpg
    31190367_7.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 31190367_6.jpg
    31190367_6.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 175
found these images of the prototype shield... really interesting details/construction on the back side!
Also appears to be one of the original all-metal hero shields made with separate stacked and stepped rings. Subsequent props both stunt and hero seem to be cast from this one or ones like it.

really?

huh... ive been looking for quite some time for makers that have the screen accurate machining but to no avail.

i picked up a prototype shield from Allan a few weeks ago and he wasnt able to reproduce the same construction as the 3 i mentioned, only was able to machine in the circular grooves but no actual lipped border.

i also LOVE the padded grips from RelicMakers... incredibly nice touch!

if you could point me to any other makers that are machining these screen correct backings that would be greatly appreciated!
I thought he usually won't sell the blanks with the back grooves? Did you message him or something, because i had asked before.

I thought he usually won't sell the blanks with the back grooves? Did you message him or something, because i had asked before.

i had to pay extra for the back grooves. i just messaged him and he tacked it on when i purchased.

Just wanted to share a new arrival to my collection.

What a showstopper!

Although King Arts has historically been riddled with QC issues on many of their products, they really nailed it on these shields.

I'm a sucker for any proper replica that's fabricated out of metal and this shield is no exception. It's perfectly heavy and awesome to hold.

And this is the only officially licensed shield that is made out of metal (outside of the Marvel Masterworks Collection one). The construction and detailing on the inside of the shield is fantastic, especially the subtle weathering they did.

There is also an LED back lighting feature on the frame which I'll post photos of later.

Extremely happy with this piece.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 294
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 274
Just wanted to share a new arrival to my collection.

What a showstopper!

Although King Arts has historically been riddled with QC issues on many of their products, they really nailed it on these shields.

I'm a sucker for any proper replica that's fabricated out of metal and this shield is no exception. It's perfectly heavy and awesome to hold.

And this is the only officially licensed shield that is made out of metal (outside of the Marvel Masterworks Collection one). The construction and detailing on the inside of the shield is fantastic, especially the subtle weathering they did.

There is also an LED back lighting feature on the frame which I'll post photos of later.

Extremely happy with this piece.

How many inches across is that one?

this is just curiosity as I've yet to see definitive on the screen used.

Been looking at doing a shields labs and remaking the back piece for the straps myslef (ala Adam Savage)

I'm new to this game (and the thread), but I'm also curious if there have been any new developments on this. I know the thread is almost 2 years old at this point, but I don't want it to die.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back