Canvas props... what do you want to see?

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been thinking of doing a project for a while. Some kind of prop-run that wouldn't take years off my life but still be kinda unique. In a couple weeks I'll have temporary access to a very HQ printer capable of printing on canvas (size at least 100cm wide, from a roll).

So my question is... what cloth props... maps and the like would everyone like to see done? Are there any?

/Joe F
Sweden

Hasn't anyone done the Middle Earth map yet? I haven't seen KK yet, but that kinda piqued my interest. Or maybe something from Pirates O.T.C. or something not yet done from the Indy films?

I would love to see the 5 nudes of Cairo done, sans the itsy-bitsy teenie-weenie yellow polka-dot bikini of course

5nudesg.JPG

How about a run of the Time Bandits map. The new DVD has a fold out map print insert of the actual map from the film. If you can scan that and print that out on canvas which it was originally, that would be sweet.

The Sanskrit Cloth from Temple of Doom is one of the easiest props to create. If you want to know how PM me. ANYONE can recreate this prop trust me.

I'd like to see the Manuscript from Walter Donovan's office from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.

Or the Book Of The Dead from the Evil Dead Triogy.

-Ash

The TB map would be the obvious choice, but that has been done a couple of times around here already (I even have one). I had a look at the SKull Island map from King Kong, and that is definately doable. At first glance it would take some work to get the details right even though it is basically only one color.

I was also considering the BotD from Evil Dead. If I DID do that, it would be VERY limited (5-10 pieces) and cost a bit. Hmm... I have been wanting one myself for a while. Let me mull it over a bit.

Whatever happened to the GOONIES map.... I know it was discussed, but was it even done?

Time Bandits, yay.

Note: The map is what I'd like to see. Whether or not my wallet could handle it will be a different ball of wax.

Originally posted by joatrash@Mar 9 2006, 08:32 AM
I was also considering the BotD from Evil Dead. If I DID do that, it would be VERY limited (5-10 pieces) and cost a bit. Hmm... I have been wanting one myself for a while. Let me mull it over a bit. 

[snapback]1202081[/snapback]​

Just don't let Tom Sullivan catch wind of it, he's been known to threaten legal action on any kind of reproduction.

BTW- The book pages(at least in ED2) were just made of crumpled brown grocery bags.

Originally posted by mez7+Mar 8 2006, 10:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mez7 @ Mar 8 2006, 10:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-RelicMaker
@Mar 8 2006, 08:51 PM
How about a run of the Time Bandits map.
[snapback]1201686[/snapback]​

map :thumbsup
[snapback]1201938[/snapback]​
[/b]

Here's another vote for the Time Bandits map. I would LOVE to have that map on canvas. :love

Looks like most of everybody's in favor of the Time Bandits map...
Does anyone have a scan of the DVD insert that they could email me, so I can clean it up for the printing. The picture already has an aged look to it, but after you age the canvas, the picture will show even more wear. So, if I could get a scan of the map and clean it up, then when we age it, it will look like what's on the DVD insert.
There's already an online tutorial on aging the map somewhere. I'll post it later after I find it.

-Brenton

Kapow may be able to help with the file. He's the brilliant artist that redrew the last few versions. Promise him a few virgins to deflower and he might be willing to help you out.

Originally posted by joatrash@Mar 9 2006, 08:32 AM
The TB map would be the obvious choice, but that has been done a couple of times around here already (I even have one). I had a look at the SKull Island map from King Kong, and that is definately doable. At first glance it would take some work to get the details right even though it is basically only one color.

Whatever happened to the GOONIES map.... I know it was discussed, but was it even done?
[snapback]1202081[/snapback]​

The Time Bandits map has been done, but they were fan-made versions. This was before they released the DVD that has a hi-res fold out print of the map. If we could get that printed on canvas, then we would have a more authentic version of the map.
The King Kong map and the Book of the Dead were not on canvas originally either. They were on aged paper.

I did a run of the Goonies Map last year and that also is on aged paper, not canvas. Plus, it's double sided with music notes on the back, and from what I know about your printer (Please correct me if I'm wrong), you can't print on the other side of the canvas, since it only has the chemical treatment on one side.

Here's the Goonies Map I did for many of the members here last year.

[attachmentid=7119]

It measures 16 by 25 inches.

Ah, well. In that case I definately will not be doing a BotD.

Well, since everyone wants to see another run of the TB.... I'll put it at the top of my list.

If anyone has a scan of the DVD-map, feel free to send it along. Even if it's a bad scan or even a digital photo, I could clean it up as long as I can make out most of the details. At any rate, I'd obviously have to redraw it anyway to get it up to the right size.

If no one here has it, I'll see if I can find it locally. I still have to check up on the printer- It's a friend of mine who's gonna be using it.

If there is a go-ahead I'll be posting an interest thread in the junkyard soon.

Hey gang, just wanted to say that I got hold of the Special Edition today. Freakin' hell, that map is detailed. My only concern is that it's too small to make out the real tiny details. Anyway, I'll see what I can do with it.

How about a Planet of the Apes map?

Here is a pic

[image]http://worldoflongmire.com/features/apes/planet5/MAP1.JPG[/image]
[image]http://worldoflongmire.com/features/apes/planet5/map2.jpg[/image]

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back