Canon snowtrooper rifle... sort of.

FETTCLONE

Here's a stormtrooper weapon most of you don't already have. :lol

rifle1.jpg

rifle2.jpg

I have some armor headed my way, so I needed to make up a sidearm. Then it struck me; I've never seen anyone make up the Kenner snowtrooper rifle which was never seen in any movie but packaged with every figure. It's instantly recognizable to anyone who had the toy, and there's no fear of it being mistaken for a real weapon once it gets it's lovely blue paint job. :lol Life-size action-figure, anyone? The rifle is about 41 inches from tip to stock.

The Kenner stormtrooper rifle (soft edges and definition) is next in the construction list. It's too funny not to do it.

The postman was pretty good to me this week. I've never even seen an Armitage Shanks package. I almost don't want to bust it open.
armitage.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FETTCLONE @ Apr 29 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]1235428[/snapback]</div>
The Kenner stormtrooper rifle (soft edges and definition) is next in the construction list. It's too funny not to do it.[/b]

Sorry. I beat you to it, as the Michigan prop partiers saw. ;) I'll have my pictures up pretty soon.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Motman, kudos to you for getting it done first. They say great minds.... something. :p I should have a coat of paint on this by week's end, and then I'll probably wait for the armor so I can get a shot of the full effect. In the mean time, feel free to add any of your own build-ups to this thread: they're always inspiring to see.

Motman, I hope we get to see that blaster up here soon. I'd love to see your take on it. :D

I'm not adverse to making a few more up if folks are interested. It certainly can't be confused for a real weapon. I'll finish this one up before moving ahead. Should have a few coats of blue on by week's end, and that'll be the whole story... 'till my armor comes in. :D Then you can expect some action-figure poses. :rolleyes

Still going to make up my own Kenner stormtrooper blaster, though. With Motman's great realization of the concept I want mine even more. Such great work on that piece, MM. I'm still chuckling when I think of it. :lol Between the two of us, we'll have a Kenner armory in no time.

Thanks again for the compliments, everyone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FETTCLONE @ May 2 2006, 01:52 AM) [snapback]1236669[/snapback]</div>
Between the two of us, we'll have a Kenner armory in no time.[/b]

I was just thinking about that today - you know, the entire original 12 figures.... there weren't that many different weapons. I'm already working on the Han-type of blaster. These are so easy to make, and so easily recognizable.... plus, it makes me laugh, too, just thinking about trooping with these. :)

What an item for a buildup. I can't wait to see it painted. Maybe you should wait until you have your armor to post a pic. That would be cool to see.

Hey motman241... dibs on the bowcaster. :lol

Looks like the jawa blaster might be a fun one, too. I'm certainly game. It would be hilarious to see a few people trooping with these. Keep posting pics as you make them and I'll do the same. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back