Cannon in progress

ofak

I will do the full paint job after the custom animatronics are figured out and finished, as well as the custom backpack.
predatormask030.jpg

predatormask031.jpg

I am basically winging it, no pictures to go off of. I wanted a cannon with alot of detail and different. I went with the mosaic look because to me that looks alien. I am trying not to rush it,but it is hard because i am happy with the progress so far. Opinions needed.... O:
predatormask036.jpg

predatormask040.jpg

predatormask039.jpg

The bottom center band looks off in this picture but redid it after this picture.
predatormask038.jpg

Going to do all the finish paint after the backpack is done. (In the process with the animatronics)
predatormask190.jpg

predatormask189.jpg

predatormask188.jpg

predatormask186.jpg

predatormask185.jpg

predatormask184.jpg

predatormask183.jpg

predatormask182.jpg

predatormask181.jpg

the first cannon, the back part is a pc cooler?
your second cannon is looking great, use some pics of a cannon for reference
that helps a lot

is that all foamies ????

looks good man ,....ya make it look easy ,.....
i'm sure i'll see it isn't when i give it a try,....

how long did this take so far ???

I had trouble with the gluing part. Started out with hot glue but found the foamies with the sticky back which worked out much better. Once it is finished Im going to spray it with a couple of coats of elmers adhesive spray, then paint a thin layer of regular elmers glue then paint it black and silver.

I have found that Dap Contact Cement, found in the spray paint/caulk aisle, is the shiz with foamies. Unfortunately, it is QUITE potent, so wear a mask and do it outside, if you can...

I also tried the watered-down Elmers bit. Didn't like it. In lieu of that I smeared a couple of thin layers (THIN) of Dap Latex Caulk (Water-based clean-up) all over my project and it worked like a champ. Just used my finger and a tad bit of water to work it into the details. Just a suggestion that you may want to test first on some scrap...

Overall, digging the original theme...

I have found that Dap Contact Cement, found in the spray paint/caulk aisle, is the shiz with foamies. Unfortunately, it is QUITE potent, so wear a mask and do it outside, if you can...

I also tried the watered-down Elmers bit. Didn't like it. In lieu of that I smeared a couple of thin layers (THIN) of Dap Latex Caulk (Water-based clean-up) all over my project and it worked like a champ. Just used my finger and a tad bit of water to work it into the details. Just a suggestion that you may want to test first on some scrap...

Overall, digging the original theme...

Thank you Pinhead for the advice. I never painted foamies, hell never worked with it before so before i screw up all the time spent i needed some advise as far as the prep work before painting it.

Thats some darn good foamies work you got there man. Some of the best that Ive seen so far! Keep up the good work!!

I apologize bovine13 it won't happen again. I have been working on the animatronics for this cannon as well. A very simple way to do it but effective. More pics coming soon, thanks for the good feedback, it is good to hear it from you guys because i tend to think Im doing something that only looks good to me but not others. I need that motivation :)

Once again I have to thank this forum and all the people involved for the help it has given me. You/it has truly helped me in my quest to make my dreams come true.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back