Cannon arm

JoeSomebody369

Put this thread in the wrong section, I need some advice on what material I can use to make the cannon arm out of so I can attach my shoulder cannon onto it. I'm using a piece of thick balsa wood attached to my backpack as the base for the cannon arm. What material can I use thats pretty durable to hold up my shoulder cannon? My shoulder cannon barrel is a paintball barrel so it has a decent weight to it.

Thanks,
Joe

.'. Contact "Keefer" he was making cannon arms last year out of pressed wood and bits, he may still be making these. I just drilled 2 hole's and bolted it on for extra stability, I didnt trust glue alone. Just paint over the bolt ends to blend end and it works great. On my first set of upper armor it was latex and to keep the bolts from pulling through the foam from underneath I just used big flat washers and tightened it down. Heres a link from last Halloween when I had the foam feeled upper armor (click link) . It worked great I just wanted to change over to resin armor because I think it looks a little better (new ressin armor link) . Heres a link showing his video of ataching arm to backpack (click link) . Also heres a video of my cannon attached to his arm after I installed servo and LED's (click link) . Hope this helps. .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Marvel that helps! I still needed to pick up my balsa good so now I'm going to look into making the cannon arm that way. Definitely a big help!

Thanks,
Joe

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back