Candai Y-Wing

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ThrakenSal

Well, here's my attempt at the Y-Wing. This thing is very detailed and goes together pretty well; but the piping is a pain in the butt. Some of those pipes are so thin they break just touching them and I had to glue them in to get them to stay in place. The decals are tiny and there are no markings for the droid. I also used a jeweler's loupe to build it because the parts are extremely small. I was worried about the Yellow markings being molded pieces, but they worked very well and after weathering they show good. I've come to the conclusion that 1/72 scale is too small for my ham hands.

Hope you guys like it. :)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

binkleywalker

Sr Member
Looks great! The scale is too small for me too. I hate the scale because of my giant hands as well. I just can't be as delicate with these things as I need to be. The AT-ST almost killed me.

Mike J.

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yeah, I tried one of FM's 1/72 X-wings and it was a disaster. I'm much happier with their 1/48's.

SGluedMyFingers

CANDAI!! I'm sorry. I just couldn't help poking fun at you. Bandai IS like candy!

That looks great. I can't wait to get my hands on a few of these. I love the other releases. I was really happy with Fine Molds but these are far superior in almost every way.

I like the small scale. But hey, that's just me.