Can you tell who I'm supposed to be..

anarchys angel

..even without the rest of the costume? this is definitely a work in progress and i'll have more photos of my later advances in it as i finish the individual pieces of attire. I'm really asking this because so far a few people can identify who my character is with just the helm and mask..others have no idea. i'll have to snap more shots of the helm from all angles at a later time. this is a shot of me at realms con 2012 where i live..safety on my bike is a big thing for me so i wouldnt have been able to dress completely for it anyway.
IMG_0544_zps784fd9ee.jpg

this is a shot of me walking in place..or making obscene gestures..i dunno whats going on here.
IMG_0543_zps0e42db4a.jpg

and of me before i figured out how to attach the mask to my face..
IMG_0542_zpsc936b86a.jpg

i appreciate all honesty, folks.

-edit- just wanted to add that this whole thing was made in about 4 hrs out of scrap tin roofing material (the helm) and a couple 4inx8in sheets of 1/8in thick aluminum (mask)..i had to act fast since i had no idea i was going to realms con and didnt wanna go as myself ;D

Last edited:
awesome..okay well i guess i will complete the outfit afterall. i was sorta worried that people wouldnt guess it. is it a shredder thats a bit farfetched or is it obvious in your opinion?

obvious for me but then again it was my favourite tv show when i was growing up.
i really want to se a picture in profile so i can se the side of the head.
I am so jealous about the materials you guys are able to get, here in sweden i cant get anything not even EVA foam

back in the day my ancestors used a combo of mud, ground stone and grass to make very durable weapons and armor..it even sounds somewhat easy to manipulate but ive never tested it myself. you might give it a shot..

thanks for the input bud. btw the movie krull rocked..

haha im currently working on a bender costume with sleeping pads, my first build, but im thinking of importing some EVA from england.
And my name is not from the movie but the swedish word for curly ( nicknamed after my hair)
anywho im gonna follow this build :)

ok..as requested ive included a couple profile shots of the helm..

IMG_0559_zps50b7bf55.jpg

IMG_0560_zps7ca8a328.jpg

IMG_0561_zpsad4df3da.jpg

IMG_0563_zpsacb1e41c.jpg

IMG_0565_zps12ec7b73.jpg

keep in mind that its still rough around the edges and very sharp but i plan on smoothing it out a bit as i complete the articles of clothing and effects. glad i got a tetanus shot when i was in my bike accident or id probably have lockjaw wearing this thing for hours during the realms con rave ;b

-edit- id like to see how your costume turns out crull..and i was sorta jumping out on a limb assuming your sn was from that film..still is a kickass movie. i mean dude sticks his hand in lava and can manifest fire..epic..

It looks great front he front and back, but the profile isn't making sense to my brain - the dome is flat and the flare out to the sides turns into flat again in back. Then again, it's metal - beat it into submission! I'll bet you could even use Pepakura file shapes as reference for cutting your metal sheet.

Also do be careful wearing this thing anywhere it could cut or jab somebody =0)

yes indeed..it has everything to do with the fact that its metal..but ill be polishing it off soon. maybe tonight if im not too tired..rounding out the dome for profile purposes. last night i was making much too much noise for my apartment neighbors..who needs sleep anyway?

and i did make a different mask altogether that looks like it could be noob saibots mask since its all black and less pointy..just need the gui n such to look the bit.

bit of an update on the helmet and costume work. it's all stuff i either found around my house or bought at goodwill lol.
helmet: sheet metal found around my home.
shoulder pads and forearm coverings are pads from my motorcycle jacket.
cape: a gutted sleeping bag.
shirt: goodwill..says that shredders here to party but he's also here to look a little more formal.
belt and pants: also goodwill..
celebratory key stone light and crazy straw: my fridge.
i had to take the bottom half of the old helmet apart to make it curve out a bit. looks about right..
img0596cy.jpg

img0622io.jpg

TMNT1987_Shredder.png

it was hot..had to take it off..but im not sure if yall can tell. i was standing in front of dr who! and hunter s thompson was who took the picture..that dudes. too weird to live..too rare to die lmao.
img0624gd.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back