Can you please help identify?

Rogan

Hi
I want to try and make this medical prop from Star Trek TNG. A prop-maker friend thinks it looks like it was made from a "found item" particularly a kitchy old hand-held video game. I agree. Can anyone please help me identify what it is so I can go on a hun??

Thanks so much!
Rogan

Hi
I want to try and make this medical prop from Star Trek TNG. A prop-maker friend thinks it looks like it was made from a "found item" particularly a kitchy old hand-held video game. I agree. Can anyone please help me identify what it is so I can go on a hun??

Thanks so much!
Rogan

i can see an 'homage' to that old 70's game... merlin

but it looks custom to me

Hi Guys,
This prop was custom made from a chunk of acrylic. I did not make this prop originally, I can not remember who did. I did have to remake it for back up copies as well as a few other ver. It is 1" thick, the batt. was a 9 volt and the wheel at the bottom is a 1/2 of a cog gear. The screen is diamond acrylic sheet. It opens in the back and has a belt clip on the batt. door. The black plastic on the sides is flex tube. The part on the front is a diode and the housing that went with it. It has a purple gel in the main window. I am listing them off as I think of them.
Hope this helps.

HMS Mike

So guys I've never made a scratch-built prop before and have no idea how to go about it. What do you all suggest? Materials? What do you think of polymer clay?
Thanks so much everybody I could really use any help or tips that you have.

Rogan

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back