Can you just jump into season 4 parks and recreation?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

glunark

Sr Member
I haven't seen the first three years, but the show starts here next week, will there be loads of stuff I don't get?

Is Chris Pratt still in it?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

harrisonp

Sr Member
There are some in-jokes and things like that, but generally it's still entertaining without a greater understanding of the past seasons, though that does add to it. Is there no way for you to watch the previous seasons? Chris Pratt is in season 4 still, he left in season 6 to shoot GotG.

glunark

Sr Member
Thanks guys, I didn't even realise the first three seasons had been broadcast by BBC4, a channel I never watch, and the channel that bought the series after that didn't get the rights to the first three.

Westies14

Master Member
I think if you jump in then you're jumping in just in time for the decline. S2-3 is the high water mark for that show!

Solo4114

Master Member
I dunno. I thought that the show remained consistently funny, but I also binge-watched it. S1 was the only one that I thought was kinda meh, and that was when they were still finding the tone they wanted to go with.

Josemne

Honestly with this show it doesn't matter where you jump in. It all hinges on whether you like the Leslie Nope character or not. I can see how her over the top obsessive compulsive behavior could annoy some. If she annoys you, you wont be able to stand the show.

I liked the show, it thought it was better when Ann (Rashida Jones) was still on the show but still funny non the less.

astroboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I would really start at the beginning of season 2. Season 4 being the high point for the series