Can You ID This Paper Thingy?

Mike J.

Master Member
wit.jpg

This is in one of the pictures from the Exewing show.

No idea what it is. Went through a good chunk of Ron Wise's World Paper Money site (China section) trying to find out. That doesn't prove anything, but it may not be a piece of Chinese currency.

Did a Google Image Search for "Merit" in case it was some odd certificate: no dice. Again, that doesn't prove it's not.

No idea what the little word in the center is. Might be Russian.

Yes, the pic gets a little bigger, but for all the squinting and work I tried in Photoshop, I got nowhere.

So, does anyone want to hazard a guess? Do a little digging?

-Mike

I've no idea what the paper part is, but the prop belonged to Inara. It was some sort of companion documentation folder.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ May 29 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1252630[/snapback]</div>
What episode does it show up in?

-Mike
[/b]

I'm not sure what episode it was in. The information I had on it came from the guy who owned all the props at the show. He did tell me exactly what it was and where it was used, but unfortunateley I don't remember the details. I think part of the detail on it was a hologram, like you get on credit cards.

Are you sure it's Inara's? It says "BOOK" on the right side portion of it, above what appears to be a number of some sort. If I was to guess I'd think it was Book's ID which gets him the super medical attention with no questions asked.

That was my guess; looks like BOOK and a date below that (2517?).

Course, it could say anything... 300K or god-knows-what...

I thought Book's ID card was just a little flat thingy. I'll have to check the episode.

I was guessing it might be some kind of ID that Inara showed to the sheriff in Train Job when she picked up Mal and Zoe.

-Mike

That thing is pretty small, I'd say the size of a credit card. If you look at the other Exewing photos you can see the book thing that it's sitting on sitting next to the coins. The cropped photo makes it look larger than it is I think. Plus I think in the photo it was cropped from the thing above it is a SD/MMC flash memory card.

True though, it could say something other than BOOK.

Well, I stepped through The Train Job (Inara shows no documents), and then through Safe:

John, you're right. I think it is Book's ID card. Guess I was imagining the thing was larger.

I'll post some caps in a sec — still would like to know what this thing's based off of.

-Mike

LOL, you may be right. It kinda looked like a cell phone, but it does look more like a boot print now that you mention it.

Though no cell phones would be a good thing...you don't need that kind of distraction when hagning out the bottom of the ship trying to board a train. ;)

This is what I was referring to, it looked like it was single prop from the angle I shot it at the show. There was a buch of stuff piled up in there, but he definiteley said something about Inara. It's not too clear from the pic, but it's a kind of leather bound book with a smart card on it.

ff15.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Birdie @ May 29 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]1252916[/snapback]</div>
This is what I was referring to, it looked like it was all one piece at the show. There was a buch of stuff piled up in there, but he definiteley said something about Inara.
[/b]

Here's a montage of the piece... I was trying to determine what the PCMCIA prop was and the writing on it. Not totally sure and the red text is what I think I'm seeing.

Inara_paper_prop2a.jpg

For some reason I can't see when you post some pics Surfergeek...I've seen a few posts where you say you're posting pics, but there's nothing there. You're right that it's a PCMCIA device of some sort, I hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it, it's plainly obvious...perhaps a PCMCIA SD/MMC card reader? The smaller thing is the exact shape of an SD/MMC flash memory card I think...I could be wrong though. I think most of the red text is just chinese that was added after.

Anyway, Birdie I think both cases might be partly right. It looks to me like they could have used the same "card" for both items. One being Book's ID, the other being Inara's? Hers is attached to that book thinie Book just carries his. Perhaps it's some form of official Alliance ID, perhaps medical insurance card of some sort? Originally I assumed it was just Book's ID sitting on top of that other book thing.

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ May 29 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]1252930[/snapback]</div>
For some reason I can't see when you post some pics Surfergeek...I've seen a few posts where you say you're posting pics, but there's nothing there. -------- I think most of the red text is just chinese that was added after.
[/b]

How about this image host? Anyway, I wasn't talking about the chinese text... there's writing on the bottom of the PCMCIA.

272ec240df.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(SurferGeek @ May 30 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]1252932[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ May 29 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]1252930[/snapback]
For some reason I can't see when you post some pics Surfergeek...I've seen a few posts where you say you're posting pics, but there's nothing there. -------- I think most of the red text is just chinese that was added after.
[/b]

How about this image host? Anyway, I wasn't talking about the chinese text... there's writing on the bottom of the PCMCIA.

272ec240df.jpg

[/b][/quote]

That time it did indeed work, what did you do differently, out of curiosity?

I see what text you are trying to sort out now. Looks to me like you have it pretty much right, but I think there's an ampersand beside "Privileges", so it'd say "PRIVILEDGES & PRINCIPLES OF COMPANION"...oh you spelled companion wrong too. ;) The smaller text beside her name looks like a few of letters followed by a number "PIN 43_ _437" perhaps?

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ May 29 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]1252940[/snapback]</div>
That time it did indeed work, what did you do differently, out of curiosity?

I see what text you are trying to sort out now. Looks to me like you have it pretty much right, but I think there's an ampersand beside "Privileges", so it'd say "PRIVILEDGES & PRINCIPLES OF COMPANION"...oh you spelled companion wrong too. ;) The smaller text beside her name looks like a few of letters followed by a number "PIN 43_ _437" perhaps?
[/b]

Just a different hosting service. As for the typo... I was working on this with a couple other people and that was thier edit, I just did the montage and tried to sharpen it a bit. Yeah, I agree on the "&" as well as the PIN numbers. Too bad that the source image is so shaky. :(

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back