Can you have too many RSProp stormtrooper threads? Well here's another

Bobtherocker

I've also been working on one of Si and Rob's RSProp Master armour kits over the last few weeks.

I'm 99% finished and have placed it all on the ever patient and quiet Derek the mannequin.

ec850a30.jpg

c443f089.jpg

dab7ae06.jpg

362f6409.jpg

9c658b2a.jpg

7d686aaf.jpg

f231d620.jpg

I've just gaffa taped the belt bits on for now and am in the process of working on a super accurate ANH E-11.

The strapping is movie accurate utilising the brackets, split rivets, sewn on poppers and hook/elastic holding the shins closed.
When you see all the innovative ways that people have strapped their armour over the years it's actually pure simplicity that works best and the movie accurate strapping holds it all together as it should and to me affects the way it hangs. Aside from Derek's gangly nature of being all legs and neck and towering above me at 6'2" it doesnt look too bad.

I'll also be on the lookout for a super accurate holster to finish the ensemble but over all, both Derek and I are very happy with the results.
Enjoy

Last edited:
Looks good. Couple of questions. What is the strapping for the shins? I've never seen any pics of it. Also did you attach the shoulder straps the way they did for the movie? I'm not sure exactly how they go but apparently there's a vest or something under the upper torso. And the back of the strap aren't connected to the armor.

Looks good. Couple of questions. What is the strapping for the shins? I've never seen any pics of it. Also did you attach the shoulder straps the way they did for the movie? I'm not sure exactly how they go but apparently there's a vest or something under the upper torso. And the back of the strap aren't connected to the armor.

The shins are closed with a strip of elastic glued to the side that has the cover strip on. The elastic has hooks sewn on and they fasten to holes drilled on the other side and the cover strip overlaps enough to hide these holes.

2868499a.jpg

The armour pieces are all held together with brackets and elastic. The left side is secured with elastic held on with split rivets and washers. Three on the ab plate and three on the kidney plate.
The right side has a piece of elastic glued to the kidney plate with a female popper attached and this fastens to a male popper on the ab-plate attached straight through the plastic

78913278.jpg

744300c8.jpg

The two halves are held together at the top with white elastic. The left side is glued to both the back plate and the chest plate.
The right is glued to the back plate with a popper fastening to the front. The male popper is attached straight through the plastic.

e3278970.jpg

The shoulder bridges are glued at the front and are held down at the back with thin strips of elastic.

The bells are held on with black elastic glued to the bell and fastening to a popper on the white shoulder elastic.

The arm pieces are free floating but elastic holds the forearm and bicep together. Han's biceps had a little hook attached that held the arms up by hooking on to the elastic strap attached to the bells at the bottom but I may just pinch the bells tightly around the biceps to hold the arms up.

Sorry about the rubbish photo quality.

Thanks for the pics and the explanations. I'm still confused about the shoulder straps. Unless the hero suits are different. In the scene where Han and Luke are figuring out how to save Leia, there's a side shot of Han. From what it looks like to me there's nothing connecting the back of the strap. It's about an inch above the armor. I don't have a pic to show.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back