Can you guys help identify this Ninja Turtles head?

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys,

I have this ninja turtles head that is supposedly from the second turtle film. I was told it was a stunt mask used for the film. However, im really not sure if thats the case or not. What do you guys think? I really can't place it and not sure what to make of it.

Cheers!

12272009587.jpg

12272009588.jpg

12262009584.jpg

12262009586.jpg

and i even managed to try it on although its super hot in that thing, lol.

22168_936784539199_8817187_51563799_3513180_n.jpg

22168_921565742789_8817187_50972283_4639983_n.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

Re: Cna you guys help identify this Ninja Turtles head?

To me, the spots on the turtle skin make it look like a head from the 3rd movie, not the second.

The pics of you trying the head on, on the other hand, make me have some doubts about that.
But I'd say TMNT III. Compared to the first 2 movies, those heads (and suits) looked aweful, imo.

Oh man, i dont even think I remember part 3, i tend to put movies like that in the back burner lol. yea i havent been able to identify it yet. I just hope its not from that turtles live rock show lol

I'd also have to say part 3. That face doesn't look like the Secret of the Ooze version of Raph....

Ya, I agree with everyone else. Definitely not part I or II. Most likely part III:

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-25th-anniversary-collection-20090811044829682_640w.jpg

The other movies just didn't have those spots.

I dunno, to me the shape of the head dosent match those used in part 3. The shiny bandana and the spots makes me think it could be from the comming out their shells tour.

I always liked the original comics and toys. the movies where terrible , but some loved them

I always thought the head sculpts from the "out of their shells" tour were very creepy and monstereusqe? just like dinosaurs almost lol.

But I think the bandanna was a replica that was used and def not an original,

just cant place who made this.

I think that this is a stunt from 3 in all honesty. The spots are the same color style, dark with a grey ring around them, and from the pic above, the upper lip and your match very closely.

Not a third movie turtle. The rounded snout is pretty much conclusive of that.

It looks much more like Mikey than Raphael.

May I just throw out there that this head is AWESOME regardless where its from?

Same for the one in your avatar, MANIC.

Thanks for the complement! I like the mask I have at home too, it seems to be the rise and just look like a turtle mask to me lol. I still put it on sometimes to mess with people but its way too hot in there to last more than 4 minutes in. lol

hi, sorry i just saw this, no. i just took it out of the case to give it another once over. it's nice to look at just not sure where it's from.

I belive this to be a stunt mask for TMNT III, this is evident by the neutral expression and slight irregularity of the head shape. The head band appears to have been added after production, as it seems to have a satin like finish as opposed to a dull cotton like finish. From look of the head it also looks more like that of "Mikey" than "Raph"

Last edited:
Hard to tell with this mask. The spots were on the turtle suits in all 3 movies. I've seen pics of Steven Ho with his stunt mask from the 2nd movie (donatello) and the spots are clear in brighter lit pics of his suit.

I don't think it's even close to the 3rd movie. The snouts were narrower (this is quite a wide snout, much closer to 1st or 2nd movie suits. also the bottom lip and chin look much similar to those also. The mask is similarly painted to secret of the ooze. I've seen pictures of Steven Ho's 2nd movie stunt mask (stunt fighter as donatello in 2nd and 3rd movie) and the spots are painted exactly the same colors (just didn't show up so strong on film).

I think there is a strong likelihood this did come out of 2nd movie production, but I can't seem to match the spots to any of the 4 turtles, so either, the stunt masks didn't exactly match the hero masks, or it was a test mask not used on screen. Does look very Mikey like.

Great mask, wish I had the spare change I'd be all over that mask if the timing was just a little later in the year. I've been after a turtle mask for years from the movies (not 3rd) and this looks great to me.

I hope it goes to a real fan.

Greg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back