Question can we embed youtube videos here on rpf?

El Duderino

Sr Member
I've seen on several boards that were just like this one, they had a button for Youtube videos, and you just click it, above the post and you can put the video it's self into the post. I think it'll be easier for people to watch in the thread. I don't know if anyone knows how to do it here, worth a shot though.

Re: Youtube Video Feature

Can't see why not sounds like good idea, even if the insert video function isn't on this software it should be possible to allow html and use the embed codes off youtube.
Although the former would be more secure i guess just allowing html could leave the forum open to attacks maybe ?

Yeah, I agree. Embedded YouTube videos in threads would be great. It would be nice if this feature could be turned on.

It would be cool if the hardware lightsaber pros here posted videos of how they make them. I'm talking about the very accurate ones like the Vader ROTJ and the Playskool ones. This would really help all the beginners out there.

Vimeo and Youtube tag

Don't know if it's suggested before. But a vimeo and youtube tag for viewing video straight on the forum would be wonderful!

vb 4.0.... :( We could put in a hack, but are trying to stay away from any more customizations at the moment... You are dead on that we do need it.

Would you look at that , The Mod's have updated the forum and it now Allows embed youtube videos.:thumbsup

Thou it's a little slow to load:unsure....I guess it's all the Rpf members that are online at the same time that does it. Maybe Art can fix it later.

Here is my latest prop collection video.. Loading takes a while but well worth it.
loading-youtube.gif

Would you look at that , The Mod's have updated the forum and it now Allows embed youtube videos.:thumbsup

Thou it's a little slow to load:unsure....I guess it's all the Rpf members that are online at the same time that does it. Maybe Art can fix it later.

Here is my latest prop collection video.. Loading takes a while but well worth it.
loading-youtube.gif

Man, that is really an awe... wait for it... some collection you have there, well worth the wait!!! How did you get your gf to present them items like that ?! Wait until Brad sees this, I won´t hear the end of it about decency and what´s appropriate and such...

Michael

The astromech board has BBCode for it. You just type youtube in start and end brackets with your video ID. like this. [youtube]eC11VaLxe_k[/youtube]
and it posts a playable video that you can watch in the post without leaving.

I agree that this would be nice. Not only is it easier for people to view, but it's a lot more noticeable than a link.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back