Suggestion Can the ignore feature be improved?

Just out of curiosity, how do people who have an issue with threads being bumped view the RPF? For example, when I login, the first thing I do is hit "New Posts" and go from there. I want to see what is NEW altogether and if I see a whole mess of JY posts, I click to page 2.

I'm not downplaying the way anyone views forums here. I'm justg saying there are so many ways to see only what you want that I am puzzled as to why whatever is bumped bothers anyone. If I want to look solely in the JY, I can do so. If I want to read just the Replica Props portion, I can do that. If there is a thread I no longer want to be bothered with, I can skip that as well.

To the point of "Talking down to the person...", EvilRocketeer could not even be bothered to start another thread asking a question like this. He had to piggyback onto a what, two year old thread started by MicD?

I simply click on the link to the forum I want to visit, like the Junkyard, and the threads are listed as newest post first. Bumping a thread takes a new post so the thread goes to the top with all the other threads with new posts.

As for Piggy backing this thread. The issue is the ignore list, so instead of making a new ignore list thread, I'm assuming that he didn't want to make two different threads about the ignore list features. Besides, don't people get told time and time again to use the search feature before posting a new thread?

If self restraint isn't an option, you can do it client side with Adblock Plus and it's just a matter of adding a rule to kill a thread, to make it simple it won't totally disappear but you won't see it or be able to click it...

For example to hide this thread you could add this rule

therpf.com###thread_title_42942

That will simply remove the linkable thread title, but the poster name and what not will still be visible... But hey no enticement to click a link anymore as it's gone...

This rule

therpf.com###td_threadtitle_42942

Will kill the entire thread topic table to black, but it breaks the forums formatting as well...

The thread number is easy to grab from any thread...

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I will play around with it. :thumbsup

Edit: It worked out pretty good.

Last edited:
Whether it's possible or not, I always thought the ignore feature should keep the button pusher from seeing another user he dislikes and his posts.....as well as keep the one he dislikes from seeing him or his posts. I realize that is far too much to ask for but in a perfect world it would rock!!! :)

I am pretty sure I have a solution. I came across an add-in for Firefox called FfvB. Download it here.

What you can do is right click on a user and ignore them. It seems to make them totally vanish. Here's an example on this thread-

Here's Qui-Gonzalez (sorry!)

Ignoring him
Now he's Qui-GONE.

and here's the Munson thread.
Now you see it
Now you don't

You need to refresh the page after each 'removal' and the add-on has simple options for getting people back. You just right click again and go into the FfvB settings.

NOTE: I've only just started using this, so I am not sure if there are bugs or a downside or anything. It seems fine so far, though.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure I have a solution. I came across an add-in for Firefox called FfvB. Download it here.

What you can do is right click on a user and ignore them. It seems to make them totally vanish. Here's an example on this thread-

Here's Qui-Gonzalez (sorry!)

Ignoring him
Now he's Qui-GONE.

and here's the Munson thread.
Now you see it
Now you don't

You need to refresh the page after each 'removal' and the add-on has simple options for getting people back. You just right click again and go into the FfvB settings.

NOTE: I've only just started using this, so I am not sure if there are bugs or a downside or anything. It seems fine so far, though.

That is just too cool! It does pretty much what anyone could need. I'm testing it out as well. I didn't like the toolbar it put on the bottom but I was able to disable that particular option. :thumbsup

BTW to get rid of posts that quote the user, you can use the keywords setting to get rid of posts that have the user name in it.

Thanks for this great find

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back