can I use this Hensoldt scope ?

Pulseriflefan

The size seems to match.

Is it close to the correct one after I remove the diopter ?

I think the scope mount should be cover the long slot of the dioptric adjustment too.

What do you think ?

P2210153.jpg

Originally posted by OdiWan72@Feb 21 2006, 09:14 AM
It´s great.

The slot from the additional windage ring WILL be covered by the mounts :)

Markus
[snapback]1189511[/snapback]​

Agreed.

My scope also had the diopter on it. When it was removed, the cradle rings covered the slot.

Originally posted by SWFreak@Feb 21 2006, 02:02 PM
Was that the one that was on eBay last week? I was watching that and decided to let it go.
[snapback]1189546[/snapback]​

Thank you very much for that :p

I think $68 including shipping to Germany isn`t too much or ?

Unscrew it...simply grap it with two fingers, turning it to the left ;)

Just checked my scope and it came apart VERY easy.

Markus

GABE......how can you DARE to take the time to post in this thread and NOT TO WORK on the CAD drawing of the parts the whole prop-community is waiting for????????????????????????? B)

Markus :lol

Argh. Well, screwing that thing out was just to simple :lol
The grease was hard, so I had some trouble to do the finger job :unsure
Thank you :thumbsup

Thanks for the wink Gabe :D

Originally posted by Pulseriflefan@Feb 21 2006, 10:06 AM

I think $68 including shipping to Germany isn`t too much or ?
[snapback]1189549[/snapback]​

Well, considering that I paid $500 for the one that went on my gun 3 (or was it 4) years ago, you did good.

Originally posted by moffeaton@Feb 22 2006, 02:37 PM
"The grease was hard, so I had some trouble to do the finger job"

Ahhh, high school.
[snapback]1190482[/snapback]​

:lol :lol :lol

Markus

Originally posted by OdiWan72@Feb 21 2006, 10:10 AM
GABE......how can you DARE to take the time to post in this thread and NOT TO WORK on the CAD drawing of the parts the whole prop-community is waiting for?????????????????????????  B)

Markus :lol
[snapback]1189699[/snapback]​
Who said I wasn't? :D

Scope_mount_teaser.JPG

As posted earlier in the MR EE thread:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=105678

And these:

sitting_target_cad_compare.JPG

T-bracket_rail_fillet.JPG

RHS_compare.JPG

posted earlier on this thread:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...dpost&p=1190507

Without a clear frontal shot of either the ANH or Sitting Target brackets, I had to rely on the grainy, high-contrast, shadow-ridden perspective shots, and through trial and error matched up the points in the CAD model, like in these comparisons, three of over a dozen made throughout the project. Doing all those iterations until I was confident enough to persuade MR it was right was a pain in the royal ass, but I loved every minute of it. :D

Unfortunately, I only have some second-hand measurements of a real HW scope, and those were taken off a first-generation casting of one. That's good if I'd be satisfied with a 90% accurate static interpretation, but you know me, guys - I'd only be interested in replicating the scope as a 100% accurate, mechanically - if not optically - functional replica.

If I can get my hands on a real scope, I'd be able to start right away, unfortunately that hasn't happened yet. Even MR never got its hands on a real scope and had to rely on the second-hand measurements I provided them (the one in the CAD assembly above is a VERY simplified rep).

I figured until an accurate bracket set is done, there's no real rush to do the scope, but if anyone wants to lend me theirs for a few days so I can take calipers to it, they'd get a free replica if and when I get around to making them, so spread the word, people. :D

- Gabe

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back