Can I get some thoughts on an Obi saber please?

Scapey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
first off, I don't even know what 80whatever is in US dollars. Not entirely accurate when you compare it to this

normal_EP1%20Kenobi.jpg

The emitter section on this pic is not right mind you. Not sure who this saber belongs to, but I used the pic. If you would like it removed LMK. Anyways, the grip is off, looks too skinny in diameter, buttons are not right, nor are the cubes, to name a few things inaccurate...

Reverend Scapegoat: There is not much on that saber that is accurate.
If the picture quality was not that good, I would have thought it was from an action figure...

I think maybe you could get the price down a bit, even though £80 is not too high for any machined saber. (btw. Last time I checked, £1 GBP = approx $2 USD)

Originally posted by Darth Lars@Feb 25 2006, 05:57 PM
I think maybe you could get the price down a bit, even though £80 is not too high for any machined saber. (btw. Last time I checked, £1 GBP = approx $2 USD)
[snapback]1193491[/snapback]​

If any one cares this an very easy to use currency exchange calculator:

http://www.xe.com/

It works out to just under $140 USD.

I agree with Darth Lars that $140 is a fair price for pretty much any machined saber. The one presented is not the best example of an TMP Obi Wan, but the price is tough to argue with. A more accureate one is cost you considerably more.

*Edit* Oops, I was looking at the one posted above...after looking at the pics I see that it's NOT an EL saber...looks more like a hardware...

It's really off of accurate. As a custom, it might be nice, but you could probably build a better one yourself.
Is it an EL saber? The emitter looks kind of like it would take a blade...
if it will, it's a Great Price.

It reminds me of an early Parks obi, though not sure...

As said by others, it's not the definative version...but if you have the cash, sure.

Well, it's roughly half the price of the ones I made (still got two for sale.), and maybe 10% of the accuracy. I wouldn't personally pay more than £15 for it, but then I've got one of mine sitting right next to me.

It's up to you, but I think you'd be spending way more money than its worth at £80.

PS: Lesternessman, that's my pic. It's a parks EL saber. Feel free to use it. :)

Originally posted by Hez@Feb 25 2006, 09:50 PM
Well, it's roughly half the price of the ones I made (still got two for sale.), and maybe 10% of the accuracy.  I wouldn't personally pay more than £15 for it, but then I've got one of mine sitting right next to me.

It's up to you, but I think you'd be spending way more money than its worth at £80.

PS: Lesternessman, that's my pic.  It's a parks EL saber.  Feel free to use it. :)
[snapback]1193638[/snapback]​

Thank you, Hez for 1 claiming the pic, and 2 letting me use it. Speaking of, which ones are you selling? Are they in the JY? Can you post a pic of one of those? I must have missed it? :confused

I made these about a year ago, so you won't have seen them in the JY. I only made 15 in any case, and most of them went to friends, but I have a few left.

obi1.jpg

obi2.jpg

obi3.jpg

obi4.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics...no digicam, so I had to take them using my phone.

One of the owners of my sabers was kind enough to email me some decent pics...so here they are. The core of the grips is stainless steel, as is the emitter plate.

o1.jpg

o2.jpg

o3.jpg

o4.jpg

o5.jpg

Originally posted by Hez@Feb 25 2006, 10:19 PM
I made these about a year ago, so you won't have seen them in the JY.  I only made 15 in any case, and most of them went to friends, but I have a few left.

obi1.jpg

obi2.jpg

obi3.jpg

obi4.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics...no digicam, so I had to take them using my phone.
[snapback]1193665[/snapback]​

omfg that is insane. tutorial? or indepth explanation on how u made it? or did you machine it, i am makin a hardware one and having some troubles.

All CNC machined I'm afraid, and I lost all the drawings for it when my computer blew itself into a million pieces. I know playskool2000 made a pretty kickass hardware version (at least, I think it was him). If you need measurements, let me know what you need and I can measure it for you.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back